Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@#$# this ##$% program @##$...
so i'm working on my program for the rpgdx winter comp, when i notice some stuff going wrong with my prog...

1st: it won't display properly on notepad

2nd: the prog will crash on me when i press f5 sometimes, save it, or just press any other keys.

3rd: some code would be displayed as gibberish (actually, rems would be, so i would be " 'there is the *weirdcharacter, weirdcharacter* code that..." and so on and so on

4th: i lost over half my variables to a constantly repeating:

sub changepalette pal&
sub changepalette pal&
sub changepalette pal&

and so on and so on... then...

sub changepalette pal&

code
code
code
code

end sub

sub changepalette pal&
sub changepalette pal&

THAT almost threw me over the edge (i nearly picked up my keyboard and heaved it at the monitor) luckily,i just quit the prog and resumed from where i last saved (phew!)

i tried to work on it ignoring the constant crashes and code overwrites, but it was too overbearing when i tried to load it back up only to find: "bad file mode" (thank good for my backups, only lost a few hours of work)

anyways, i'm re-writing the prog from scratch, but anyone else have that problem??? it nearly made me quit qb for good.
Jumping Jahoolipers!
yeah DUDE! thats happened to me shi__y, eh? what it is (in my experience, n-e-ways) is that you are pointing to ann incorrect location in memory, or writing to an incorrect location in memory.

SOMETHING with memory. everytime.

check your bloads, varptrs,varsegs, n such... probly just a typo.
i'm starting over again. i'm almost finished copying the code by hand, and i have no problems so far. Tongue
Jumping Jahoolipers!
barok dont go over the edge. This happens a lot of times when using CALL INTERRUPT but esp. CALL ABSOLUTE or DEF SEG statements. It is because you may sometimes unknowingly mess with QBs code segment.
i don't use calls, only def segs. but all of mine are foolproof. they only go to the buffer seg and sprite segs.

::edit::

grrr... now the bugs are happening on the newer prog as well... better take time off to check def segs and everything... only place where that could of happened though is my sprite routine though, so shouldn't be too hard..
Jumping Jahoolipers!
I remember the same problem creeping up in my Mouse routines and File requester.

Any chance of u emailing me your code so i can have a look at it? I wont steal it :roll:
lol, sure. but if you do...

*unholsters .44 magnum*
Jumping Jahoolipers!
i'd like to know how to mess with qb's code segment . . .
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
Code:
def seg
for i& = 0 to 65535
  poke i&, 0
next
LOL!!!

Aga. You use interrupts to get the code segment. As I remember, returns are in ES:BX(Not sure though). Forgot the int number and the parameters though.
y smiley is 24 bit.
[Image: anya2.jpg]

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/