Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game trailers....
Just curious... is it possible to create a video from a DOS game on the screen? for example, if I wanted to create a trailer for a game?
size=9]"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." -- Theodore Roosevelt[/size]
Yeah, of course you can. Get a good desktop AVI grabber.
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Quote:Yeah, of course you can. Get a good desktop AVI grabber
Any examples you can think of? ive found one and it works OKAY, but the stuff has to be windowed, i havent directly tired mode 13 h but id suspect since its dos youd need to window it....
b]Hard Rock[/b]
[The Stars Dev Company] [Metal Qb flopped] [The Terror]
Stop Double Posts!
Whats better? HTML or Variables?
I found one, but it was shareware Sad I can't remember the name right now
size=9]"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." -- Theodore Roosevelt[/size]
I had some old proggie which captured mode13h into a FLI, but I can't locate it anymore, nor remember its name ... sorry Sad

Maybe it is time for an intensive google search :na_th_an:
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
ah, well, the reason I was thinking about it was because of the Battlefield 1942 trailers at the website, and how much they make one want to play that game....
Well, the good ol' download.com presented me Stream39, which...

Quote:Stream39 allows you to capture video with or without audio and images as you see and hear it on your computer and all without a capture card or Web camera; depending on the power and speed of your computer it is possible to resave those videos at frame rates of up to 30fps with or without audio..., and the audio is fully synced with the video.

...being free to try (limited to 5 uses) and $39.39 to buy, and Camtasia Studio, that...

Quote:is a video screen recording suite for recording and editing AVI files of any activity on your Windows screen. Record all the onscreen action – including audio – and enhance the videos with captions, arrows, graphics and a CD-ROM menu. Easily create software training, marketing and support materials, and deliver them in all the popular formats, including Macromedia® Flash™ (SWF), AVI, RM, MOV, WMV and animated GIF.

30 day trial, and just $349.00 (!!!) to buy. *sheesh*

Time to lurk into the shadows of the cracking scene. 8)

---------------------------
EDITED

I stumbled upon CamStudio, an open-source free alternative, though some guy said that "I prefer Camtasia Studio but it is expensive." [Image: dozey.gif]

Whatever. Check it out at http://www.rendersoftware.com/products/c.../index.htm

EDITED (yep, again)

Boo. Forget it. The FAQ says:

Q: I am trying to record a DOS application by switching to it from Windows, and it seems to be impossible as all I get is some sort of fuzzy stuff in the playback.

A: CamStudio cannot record your DOS application when it is running in full screen DOS mode. Try recording your DOS application in windowed mode.

You can make your full-screen DOS application into a window by pressing CTRL-ESC when you are in DOS mode. This will return you to the Windows screen. If you look at the task-bar, you will notice a new item "MS-DOS prompt". By right-clicking on this item, and selecting Properties, a dialog box will be displayed. Choose the Screen tab and under Usage, select Window and click "OK". Your DOS screen will now become a window. You can start recording from here and the output should be fine.

*sigh*
img]http://usuarios.vtr.net/~disaster/sigs/annoyizer.php[/img]
That would be an awesome area for my site, a preview section, where you can watch QB Game trailers.
i wouldnt count on it with aol's crummy hosting.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
it'd be great though... trailers leave a person longing for more.. more, MORE.... and they would download the game. Heh, VPlanet would have to include a score on how good the trailer is, LoL... think of the possibilities...