Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with my RPG
Hey guys I gots this good idea for an rpg but I can't make it take off for awhile yet. I was just wondering what a good program for designing enemies/chars/castles etc... is? I need an easy one cause I r a n00b programmer. Also, if anyone would like to design enemies with the program that gets recommended that would be cool too because I really suck at drawing monsters and stuff like that. Anyway, if you would be interested in helping me out send me a private message or reply to this or email me @
nova@edgeemu.com
thank you much.

-NOVA
ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls. The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

Quote: Excellent. Now you can have things without paying for them.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Engine: 94%
Graphics: 95%
Sound: 100%
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
-----------------------------
PP256 is one of the most common sprite editor's avaible. Still, you can use your favourite program (Deluxe Paint,Paint Shop Pro etc.) and implant thoose graphics later on in your game.
[Image: jocke.gif]
"Some men get the world, other men get ex hookers and a trip to Arizona."
how can you use paint or whatever to incorperate pictures into the game. i always thought it was just bitmaping. please tell me how to do it
the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.
Quote:how can you use paint or whatever to incorperate pictures into the game. i always thought it was just bitmaping. please tell me how to do it

For example, save your pic as a GIF, use a program like this http://piptol.qbasicnews.com/files/gif.bas to load it into QB, use GET to grab the sprite and then BSAVE it. I would add that PipEdit can automate the gif-to-bsave process, but it's buggy and really rubbish, so i won't. Someone *must* have written something better? :-?
In a world without walls and doors, who needs Windows and Gates?
Hey i can help with ur characters and whatever, im aiming to get my own text (MUD style)rpg going but im still learning. Helping u would help me if that makes sense lol. email me if ur interested. (i doubt u r but hey im here)
-p