Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crashing your computer in QB 8)
I've found two ways to crash someones computer:
WARNING: If this causes permanent damage, I take no responsibility!

FOR i=1 to 65535
POKE i,&H0
NEXT

-And-

FOR i= to 65535
OUT i,0
NEXT

Bwahahaha!
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
... that's nice... you just erased the bios and sent a null byte to every hardware port. but a better question is, what the hell possesed you to do this, and what do you mean by qb 8?
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
Quit scaring people! Smile (Zack, all you did was erase the pointers to the routines in your bios, among other stuff. Your bios is fine. Don't go buy a new computer.)
ravelling Curmudgeon
(geocities sites require copying and pasting URLs.)
I liked spam better when it was something that came in a can.
Windows should be defenestrated.
WARNING!!! DO NOT RUN THIS PROGRAM !!!

KILL "C:\WINDOWS\"

I think it works, but I'm not willing to find out...

EDIT: Toonski, it's not "Crashing QB 8", it's " Crashing QB 8) "
Megaman, i dont think your code will work, under dos you must delete all files in a folder before deleting the folder itslef..( you could however use c:\windows\*.* i think.....)

and lets not forget that winxp and winnt dont use the C:\windows\ folder......
b]Hard Rock[/b]
[The Stars Dev Company] [Metal Qb flopped] [The Terror]
Stop Double Posts!
Whats better? HTML or Variables?
Oh, well, in that case, feel free to run the program as much as you like ^_^ . UNDER YOUR OWN RISK!!!
we all need something better to do...

speaking of which, go to the challenges forum and vote on the next challenge!
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
Quote:... that's nice... you just erased the bios and sent a null byte to every hardware port. but a better question is, what the hell possesed you to do this, and what do you mean by qb 8?

I think he means 8) as a smiliy Big Grin
size=9]"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." -- Theodore Roosevelt[/size]
Helloooo, that's what I just said... Smile

Quote:EDIT: Toonski, it's not "Crashing QB 8", it's " Crashing QB 8) "
It doesn't crash it permanently. Just crashes it Tongue
As for what made me do these? Heh, dude, an old hobby of mine is taking old computers (286's, 386's, usually) and making it a project to mess it up really badly.
Not like format the HD. I mean, fool around in Setup. Create serious BIOS problems.
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.