Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
graphics question
ok so i've been programming in qbasic for a while, and am pleased with it's features. now i've heard that you can write a GUI with mouse and icons and buttons. is this true. if so how, or where can i get a tutorial. :???:
That is a whole can of worms.

Haven't seen any complete GUI tutorials myself (prolly no good ones for any language, not just QB..), but there are plenty of mouse tutorials and examples. And GUI examples.. check out the qbasicnews.com links...... and news.....

Mouse...... well... it's easily doable with lots of today's DOS libraries, especially UGL (UncompatibleGameLibrary...)

Also you can do some interrupt stuff if you load up the qb library (use "/l qb" I think? or "/l qbl"?)... there are some examples on the net... use google.com... or wait for a response.....

Also found one mouse lib that I never tried before in the the forum (with the search function).. : http://forum.qbasicnews.com/viewtopic.ph...ight=mouse
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
You know, with a tiny bit of assembly knowledge, you can use the mouse.
If I were ever to make a GUI, this is what I would do:
1) Read Vic Luce's tutorial on how to use the Mouse in QB (you can get it on Qbasicnews.com).
2) Learn the QB graphics functions inside-out
3) Have a good understanding of background-restoring
It's a semi-advanced thing. I've never done it, and I don't plan to, either, because: What's the point? Smile
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
A GUI Tutorial for QBasic can also be found at http://members.aol.com/nickjc67/ . Hope that will help you out a little bit.
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull shit"
I read through the first part. Looks like a good beginning, although I was thinking more along the real basics first... construction of the objects and the how/why behind them. Nevertheless, I learned lots of programming by (among other things) constantly modifiying and "enhancing" spaghetti code programs. Smile

PS: Might want to think about changing that nick..
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.