Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ADC Copyright protection
I have used this service for a while.

[Image: ADC.gif]

The principle is very simple: on the basis of national copyright protection (in Europe, mentionning "Copyright myname 2004" is a legal protection, provided you can prove you were the first to publish the copyrighted contents), this association provides active support in case of trouble. The members of the association would all spam the copier, alert the search engines, etc..., in case a copyright infraction was identified.

The principle is simple, relevent, efficient. Enough to avoid spending millions in lawyers in most cases.

The ADC link is dead today.

1st question : has anybody recent news about them?

2nd question: in case this association does not exist any longer, I personnally can rebuild it. It just takes 5 people living in France to create a "Loi 1901 association" here: no problem about that. The question is:

How many straight and strong webmasters will join us ?
hink Global, Make Symp' All ! ®
[Image: Banner.gif]
A copyright in the USA costs $20. Or at least it did when I registered software copyrights in the late 80's.
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
is nothing. The issue is to claim your rights in case of trouble. Most of the webmasters can pay for a copyright registration, but would be in deep shit in case somebody copied their stuff.

The advantage of ADC is to act and have results. Not only to prove that you're right...
so, basically vigilante copyright protectors.

COOOOOOLL!!! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin too bad i know shit about web mastering Tongue
ChaOs, you summarised the concept in a couple of words. One more time, the point is to re-create the association, which seems to have disappeared, not to create or test something new.

We're trying to retrieve these guys with a webfriend in France. If no result, we are people to rebuild that.
That is very strange. A geocities website NEVER gets removed unless it violates the terms of use (which is virtually non-existent) or the webmaster deletes it somehow.

http://perso.club-internet.fr/bthovex/copyrightang.htm
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
is really interesting, Aga. I will check that in detail...