Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Argh Photoshop
I need to make a logo for The Geekery, and I'm sick of stupid online logo-generators..
I need to learn photoshop 7. I have it all, but I know nothing about it - I don't even know how to change the background color, fill background, or change text color.
Can anyone point me in the direction of a tut that starts with the very barebones basics of photoshop?
I've googled it, but it just comes up with how to rasterize, layering, etc.
:evil:
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
You'll need to have a non-transparent canvas... or something. Then you can start drawing on it with the tools on the left.. just randomly pick them.. the palette (color changer) is at the bottom-left by default, I think. Just select the color.

Then you have all these cool effects after you actually draw or load an image.

It's best to start from some other program (like paint) if you want to draw some geometrical thingo.
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
You may also want to check out Paint Shop Pro...more powerful than MS Paint, but not as intimidating as Photoshop. The newer versions of PSP kind of suck though...I recommend PSP6.
Thanks - although I think I just might be figuring out Photoshop! Big Grin
Hey Zack, I know Photoshop. I have Version 6 though. I'm sure it's the same with more features. I'll help if ya have any questions.
Quote:Hey Zack, I know Photoshop. I have Version 6 though. I'm sure it's the same with more features. I'll help if ya have any questions.

They just changed a few things around.

I have both 6 and 7 and cand help with most things if you need it. But truthfully, like everything else, the best way to learn is to mess around with it.
url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
Personally for creating text logos, i use Xara 3d (registered) it is a great product, if you look at rel's b-day thread i posted a Happy B-Day logo that i made in Xara 3d in 30 seconds, it supports texturing, bevels, extrustion, animation, modifying the lighting
whole lot of sh*t, altho with the unregistered version it puts xara3d logos over the BG of the image, but i'm sure you could get rid of this with MS paints fill tool or sumthing similar.
very F***ing song remains the same
To everyone who sucks-up for the fame
Out of strength you know we speak the truth
Every trend that dies is living proof

MasterMinds Software
Quote:Personally for creating text logos, i use Xara 3d (registered) it is a great product, if you look at rel's b-day thread i posted a Happy B-Day logo that i made in Xara 3d in 30 seconds, it supports texturing, bevels, extrustion, animation, modifying the lighting
whole lot of sh*t, altho with the unregistered version it puts xara3d logos over the BG of the image, but i'm sure you could get rid of this with MS paints fill tool or sumthing similar.

I second the option of xara also. The demoversion sucks though. it would take some time to remove all those xara logos (i had the demoversion).
url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
I have the demo of Xara - I don't feel like buying it...
I too have PS7 but I need to learn using it.