Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I drew a head... question is, is it any good?
[Image: untitled.jpg]

I made it in MSPaint, my favorite pixeling tool ever. I'd like to know if there are any major flaws on it.

If I can get this down, and looking good, I may attempt to color it in.

TBBQ: It looks like a man. Period. Wink
Cool. Big Grin
A lot better than I could have done in Paint...
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
using freehand tool?
use the line tool and work slower, gives you more control.

the ear should be a little closer to the jaw... almost attach it

don't forget the eyebrows! they make it a little more real!

you kinda pulled the neck to the side a lot.
It's good that you kept it outside of the jaw and ear apex, but it's very far making it look thick

i think you were working in a rectangle, ie, you made the imagesize first and then drew in it. that explains the squished look of the face. use a guideline if you're going to preset the size of your image, that way you aren't forced to squish it. Also, don't be afraid to cut off parts of the image. you don't need the whole head in a portrait (i'm assuming you're making a portrait for an rpg?)

nice to see an aspiring artist
ammit potato!
Well, as much as anime loves to depict it that way, noses are not flimsy peices of paper sprouting out of the center of a face like a fishhook. Admittingly, they're the hardest part to learn, because they're so 3d, but every time you draw a triangle nose, God kills a kitten.

Now, I want you to try something. Just a little bit. And that is to draw a proper, realistic portrait. It's a big secret in cartooning, but everyone animator and cartoon artist in the world can draw a realistic portrait. It is because of this that that they can stretch and bend what they want at will and draw at different angles without messing up the picture. If you want to be a good artist, take a pencil and paper into the real world and try and draw something exactly as you see it, and I promise you, if keep that up you'll be an awesome artist in whatever style you like because you have a lot of potential. There's so many people I know that spent all their time drawing 3/4 views of an anime person or some kind of comic book scene, but never got past that and never learned to draw that style flexibly.

Now, that aside, the good things. I wish I had some of your old stuff to drag out because this is an awesome improvement. While the skull is still a little cut off, the eyes and other features are about in the proper place, there's a sense of 3d and it's cool looking. my main crit is that the ears are akward. I'd try erasing that whole part, redrawing the ear and drawing the hair over it.

http://graphics.stanford.edu/projects/mi...-ear-s.jpg

there's michaelango's david's ear, if you need a reference Big Grin

It's looking sharp, I'm impressed Smile
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
Quote:every time you draw a triangle nose, God kills a kitten.

:o Huuuuuh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? :o

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!! The Poor kitties!!! There must be none left in Japan!!!!!
the ones that are left are highly radioactive freaks due to toxic fish, seriously
ammit potato!
Can they stop time?
In a race between a rock and a pig, don't varnish your clams." -- "Dilbert"
You mean like Blinx?
Quote:TBBQ: It looks like a man. Period. Wink

omg, I harassed you in your Chun-Li thread didnt I =P

Anyway, the pic that you have doesnt look like a man! It looks like a head! A boy's head =P.

BTW I happened to notice, there arent any eyebrows =)
Quote:You mean like Blinx?

No, I was just wondering if radioactive things, cats or even radioactive cats in general could stop time.
In a race between a rock and a pig, don't varnish your clams." -- "Dilbert"