Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Government Property"
Let's say I were to build myself a little house out in the countryside, or in the forest or something... would I be charged with "tresspassing" or something?
If it's not your land, and the owner of the land decides to press charges, yes.
depends on how old you are Smile

I mean, I built a nice fort (it was really, really cool) out in the middle of the woods -- but I was 10.

if you try and like, put up something more substantial you might get into trouble
Heheh, PJ, this is for that "martial-arts hiking for a year without a bathroom" thing, right? :wink:
If it's a permanent building (like, not a fort, as Stevie mentioned), you'll need a builder's permit.
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
The government used to pay people to settle in uninhabited land.

.....100 years ago.
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
I built this kickass fort on an empty unpaved lot when I was 11. The jerks that owned it tore it down though Sad
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
Mexico has some strange squatters laws. If you have a property with nothing constructed on it, basically an empty lot, and you have it completely fenced, that doesn't prevent someone from building a shack or whatever on it. If this squatter can show evidence that he has been living for "x" years on this property, he can now register this property as his own. The original legal owner loses the property.
That's weird. The law should be changed.
I think it makes sense.
That sounds like the old Chinese communist law, kill those who own lots of land. Just less extreme.
Ah, sorry...I just finished a book on the Tian An Men Square massacre. Disturbing.