Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
graphics dillema
I need to be able to:

load 256-color GIF files with > 320x200 size. (about 1200x800)
move them around
use PRINT and LOCATE (with equivalent of color F, B)
use PCOPY equivalent.
use draw routines or equivalent. (this is for menu boxes and a custom mouse)
A bigger screen size that 320x200 is preferrable.. screen 8 resolution is good.

Any ideas? Sad

Preferrably cut and paste ASM for DOS/Windoze. Otherwise a lib with a low learning curve.

i know it's a "high order"...
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
You could use UGL or the future library to do this
crapyard / Smile Cheerful Software
[Image: Cheerful.gif]

"All your base are belong to us"
Otherwise a lib with a low learning curve.

You can't use PRINT or anything QB in Future library... gotta use the Future Lib stuff, and I can't figure the damn thing out.

UGL is too hard, too hard!! Sad

edit: bla, I found the ttf > uvf converter. After reordering the stupid examples (I hate Blitz's coding style), I got the demo to work...

edit (again): bla, I got 800x600x16bit with a picture and font.

edit (yet again) Bla, where are the GIFs?
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

what? ugl is easy, dude... surfaces make everything easier.

as for a gif loader, degif6.bas is what i use. the guy that made that made an asm version as well.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
fine, fine. It's working now. mostly.

BTW, why GIF specifically? Just for the compression ratio?
img]http://usuarios.vtr.net/~disaster/sigs/annoyizer.php[/img]
i'd say for compression ratio and palette/image set options
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
yeah, definetly the palette. It's much easier that way.

You can't define your own palette in a BMP with Paint easily. Although if I take my picture, make it in Paint, send it to my GIF editor for palette modification, then send it to Photoshop in BMP format I would accomplish the same thing as a GIF, except in BMP format.

But it takes a bit.

ph334r my coding style, tis l33t.
oship me and i will give you lots of guurrls and beeea
*muffles a laugh*

er... if you're using GIF just for the palette... why don't you use PCX? [Image: aeh.gif]
img]http://usuarios.vtr.net/~disaster/sigs/annoyizer.php[/img]