Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCM got me thinking...
How does this sound for an RPG (non-scrolling, of course. :roll: ):
Just a regular tile-based game, set with different levels...a set of levels involving forest (lots of trees and grass and lake), a set of levels involving the Arctic (lots of snow).
And here's what I think is the more creative part: When you run into enemies, there's two modes: Either turn-based fighting (which I hate, so there won't be much of that), or...You battle it out with the enemy using a little pong game! I'll try to add simple AI like, if the ball is to the left, and the Computer's paddle is to the right, move computer's paddle left, etc.
Whaddya think?
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
Really original and cool.

But think of an original story. Every RPG is full of forests, lakes and towns. You have the chance of doing something different.
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Hero: "I finaly found you, my long time adversary, my foe"

*Judgemental-final-showdown-kinnda music, making an atmosphere*

Prime Evil: *Evil laugh* "Yes you found me, now I'm going to... beat you in this friendly game of pong. Care for a coke?"
Hero: "Sure."

Have to find a way to implement it into the story i think :lol:

But yeah, sounds cool, and i hate the turnbased battles too *argh*
Okay, how about a very techy universe? Lots of wires all over the place, and you'll be looking for some object, which will make you win.
Then it would be more of a puzzle game, wheres the RP?

Sry about the critisism... :wink:
Well, okay...it wouldn't be an RPG. It would be an adventure game. You run around, battle it out in pongdom with the enemies, all the tiles look very wired and tech-ish, and then, in the last level, duke it out with the boss to get your item (I'll figure out what it is later) back.
Note that when you play pong against the enemy, every shot you put past em' reduces health, and every shot they put past you...hurts ya. Smile
I'm starting to get excited about this... Tongue
It sounds like fun =), actually it does :lol:

Very original =)

Game descriptor:
Hightech adventurous pong battle in quest for the missing thingy

Go make it :lol:
That would be great, I love adventure games.

I had an idea: a big, techy world has taken over the natural world or something like that. All the inhabitants live now in the techie society, but some old timers still live naturally. Those are some kind of monks that are well trained in the old art of Natural Pong which relies on self training, concentration and chi, whilst the techie soldiers play techie pong which relies on hi-tech, technical specs and science. Your mission is to reach to the techie society main boss to defeat him with your natural pong, freeing your world from the hi-tech conqueror.

Weird, but fun Tongue
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Okay, it's done. To play it, just to get a tennis racket, a tennis ball, a cheese sandwich, and a few angry pitbulls. Then go outside, place the sandwich between you and the dogs, and try to keep em' back with the tennis ball. Then whoever gets the cheese first, wins. :lol:
I'll start the engine tomorrow. Big Grin Big Grin
*Takes a byte at sandwich trying to fight of angry pittbulls*

*Talking with mouthfull*

Yeah, this is great fun.. **** the stupid dog bite me.

*whacks dog on head with my powerup enhanced tennis racket... realises the stupidity of doing so.. runs away, being hunted by insane dog*