Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any beginning projects I can get in on?
Is anyone here beginning a kind of group project that I can get in on? I'd like to become involved in a project because although I have been "programming" (without many results) for a few years now, and am fairly proficient in Pascal, I want to go back to my roots and see if some of the stupid things I do are general fallacies or just a result of my sheltered, highly self-centred coding. I probably wouldn't add too much, in fact I'd probably be more of a menace than a help, but would hope some altruistic person out there would take me on Wink. As I said, I mainly want to see how other people do things and how a project evolves from its beginnings to (hopefully successful) end. Or am I just a no-hope r0dent?
In a race between a rock and a pig, don't varnish your clams." -- "Dilbert"
I dont think so any such project is going on unless a top-secret one is being done by the 1337 of the qmunity =P.

I remember Oracle once saying that he and someother fellows were working on some project which would blow us away. But after that there wasnt a peep from him about it =P.
Quote:I remember Oracle once saying that he and someother fellows were working on some project which would blow us away. But after that there wasnt a peep from him about it =P.
It is going to blow you away! Wink
We're the only ones not in on it, Q! They're all against us!
In a race between a rock and a pig, don't varnish your clams." -- "Dilbert"
Yes...it will blow you away, I can tell ya. Neo, Oracle, keep working, and work HARD.
PJ and I are doing a small RPG project...are you good with PC Speaker sound? You could do that...otherwise, it's a small project, so we really only need two people (programming=me, art=PJ).
Contact me if you're interested.
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
Hey Zack...I don't have a PC speaker. Your game's sound won't work on my puter. Sad
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
Ah, well, it's just you, Nek. :wink:
Soundblaster MIDI or MP3 or even WAV is out of my range...
Once I coded a two-channel music tracker that uses the speaker...

I wonder where did I stuff it...

Time to dig.
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
That reminds me of Vic Luce's "Junk" tutorial...the Junk folder...hahah.
I remember a program at qb45.com which used to play .wav files through PC-Speaker. Quite good too =).