Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crystal Quest
I posted something similar to this on QBC, but since I'm at school and there's absolutely no way to access my site, I'll have to re-type the whole thing and hope I don't leave anything out, until I can get home and copy and paste the whole thing...

anyways...

As soon as Zack and I are done with our game of 4wesome and 3xtreme 0wnage... I'm going to be starting up a game that's a cross between an RPG and a Platform game... If you ever downloaded Feyna's quest from RPG-DEV, then yeah, it's kinda like that... except I'm going to make sure the graphics are nowhere near as.... weird. Smile Speaking of graphics, they'll be small, since I'll be storing the whole screen in an array. Don't try to talk me out of it, it has been molded in steel.

The game itsself will be more Martial Arts and Ki based than Magic based. It might have swords and staffs and whatnot, but overall, your abilities and skills will be more Martial Arts and Ki... with maybe the occasional "Ice" or "Thunder" or something like that...

I'm still thinking of how to do the enemies, since the game will be Martial Arts based, I want the enemies to react to punches and kicks more realistically, rather than *poofing* into a cloud of smoke... so I'll probably manage to push the boundaries of QB's memory again, (or not, since the sprites are small, and I know how to store half the amount).

...and that's pretty much all. I hope that was enough info.

.... A really, really fat kid just walked by me... .
Quote:.... A really, really fat kid just walked by me...
Jeez, you crack me up even in your posts... :lol:
Anyway, I look forward to seeing it...I remember you mentioned this on MSN. Glad to see it came into life... Smile
Make your enemies the mushrooms from Operation Pong. Tongue Truthfully, they look like Magic Mushrooms. Tongue
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
I would be interested in seeing the cross between the RPG and platform =).
MariuZ has made one called Ninja Night, read about it here:http://www.hulla-balloo.com/vplanet/arch215.shtml
MariuZ site is down and I can't find the dl anywhere (and Darkdreads site,where Ninja Night once was hosted, is also down)...anyone that still has a copy of it ?

Ps. Darn cool game 8)
[Image: jocke.gif]
"Some men get the world, other men get ex hookers and a trip to Arizona."
Quote:I would be interested in seeing the cross between the RPG and platform =).

Wonder Boy in Monster Land! Super Wonder Boy V!

Go get them Smile
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Well, Ninja Night is a good comparison, but the game will be real-time. People say they're tired of turn-based QB RPGs, so real-time would probably be a more interesting approach...

...I sound like those guys from the "Behind the Scenes" videos on those PS2 demos discs... o_O.
Meh, i am sticking to linux now. No windows for me for sometime atleast =P.
Quote:Meh, i am sticking to linux now. No windows for me for sometime atleast =P.

.........what the HECK does that have to do with anything in this whole entire topic!?
Quote:Well, Ninja Night is a good comparison, but the game will be real-time. People say they're tired of turn-based QB RPGs, so real-time would probably be a more interesting approach...

...I sound like those guys from the "Behind the Scenes" videos on those PS2 demos discs... o_O.

I for one is NOT tired of turn based RPGs.

Reason?

You can drink coffee while playing it. Its not the type of game. Its THE game. :*)
y smiley is 24 bit.
[Image: anya2.jpg]

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
Quote:
TheBigBasicQ Wrote:Meh, i am sticking to linux now. No windows for me for sometime atleast =P.

.........what the HECK does that have to do with anything in this whole entire topic!?

I was talking to Nathan and Jocke. They suggested me to check out a few RPGs =P.