Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am fed up with one liners...
... specially stupid ones with "how do you know?", "me?", "how do you calculated it?", "does it rain in there?" or " :roll:".

I am really fed up. It is enervating to get here and find 40 new posts, 30 of them being stupid one liners that just make me lose my time. Opening thread by thread just to find a ":roll:"-only post sucks big time. That sucks and makes this site suck. That's my opinion. Harsh but true.

Oh, and those nice "hey, stop spamming". Great, lots of sense. Spamming to tell someone to stop spamming.

Something should be done. I am really fed up with this. I vote for a character floor limit or something like that.

After some days of nonsense posts, I am really, really, really, really pissed off.
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
The problem is, that spammers could write the sentence, or
whatever twice, or more to trick the limit...
while perhaps other serious posters posts one-liners which push
the conversation forwards...

I don't think prohibiting one-liners is the solution.
Maybe if there is a way to make some sort sign beside the "new post"
picture, that shows that the latest posts' word counts is below x?
/post]
I've noticed a lot of it recently, and some topics are also getting wildly off topic...

We all know who the people are that na_th is talking about. If I see too many more posts like this:

Quote::rotfl:

or

Quote:So?

I'm gonna start getting harder on my interpretation of the forum rules. From now on, I'm going to delete those posts wherever I see them also.

[edit]You're correct, Zack. But it was a one liner, and would provoke argument[/edit]
Quote:... specially stupid ones with "how do you know?", "me?", "how do you calculated it?", "does it rain in there?" or " ".

Weird, Im getting annoyed with that too. Just this morning I was trying to figure out how to use the search feature to find all posts containing only a smilie so I could get a count on them. Perhaps Oracle knows how to do this.

I dont know about the minimum character limit, because sometimes you can answer someones question easily in only a few words and the resident spammers will break it by posting several smilies instead of one.

Quote:I've noticed a lot of it recently, and some topics are also getting wildly off topic...

This is sort of expected. Occasioanlly the topic of a thread swings in a different direction because of someones comment. Even though the new direction is off topic it is often an interesting topic (for example the dadsherms computer science thread which turned into a discussion on parsers, my fault sorry). If a new topic is started it makes it more difficult to quote people.
esus saves.... Passes to Moses, shoots, he scores!
The offtopicness is not a bad thing, IMHO. The bad thing is the unneeded, senseless post. I have posted and post occasional newlines, as we all do, but the increase of stupid posts is overwhelming lately. I've seen threads where someone asked, someone replied and that was done, and then someone else posted an one liner and began a one liners battle that lasted three pages.

Strenghten the forum rules? I don't see that's a solution, 'cause I always said that represion causes rebelty and "upsetness". All we need is a call. And some action. Please ignore one liners, don't reply to them. When people are not attended they get bored, that's a fact. If one liners feel that they are annoying... well, that could prevent them from keeping posting unsenseless scum.

And you, one liners, this is also a call for you. Stop that. You are annoying.
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
I too think that they are annoying but many one liners are helpful and straight to the point. but the bad ourweighs the good and most are spam *Gets out thesaurus to get big words* =P
[Image: sig.php]
Back by popular demand!
I will byte and nibble you bit by bit until nothing remains but crumbs.
Ah, I see you deleted that post of mine, Oracle...And I do see I was hypocritical and stupid there.
Anyway, I just wanted to stick in my one liner that I agree...Although what if you simply have to say "But I'm not sure I understand...you have to AND bit 4 with the resulting INP bit?"
That's a one liner, and the only way you could make it longer is by putting a bunch of smilies and stupid comments.
But I totally agree with trashing the single-smiley posts, I hate that.
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
I have a small idea too help out with the one liner spamers. If someone does that they get a warning the first time (there could be exceptions though, if there just saying stuff right to the point...). Second time maybe is a tempory supension of the account. Third is banning the person. Then again this is just a small idea so please no one get angry at me for thinking :wink:.
This is an example of a one-liner, but a perfectly fine one. It's in reply to SD...
I think banning a person is too harsh.
See? A fine post, but a one-liner. Sad
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
Zack... i think baning is harsh myself, the post above was just a idea. So I think we should just warn the ppl who do it often and the ppl who don't stop get a temporiary supension (or something like that).