Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New fractal pictures on the Dazibao: Apollony
I've just finished working on the fractals of Apollony...

[Image: Morulla.gif]

The page contains the pictures, the animations to explain how it's done, a video clip and, of course, the QB source codes !

http://mandelbrot.dazibao.free.fr/Apollo/Apollo.htm

Enjoy :wink:
hink Global, Make Symp' All ! ®
[Image: Banner.gif]
What? Are you ray-tracing transparent spheres? :o :o:o:o
Antoni
Yes, the progs can probe a sphere either the classical way, either with the transparencies. On the pic above, only the main sphere is probed that way, then alpha-chanelled on the other ones. I did not test that with the 6829 other spheres, but it can be envisaged :lol:
Do you make your own fractal formulas? Just curious, because I think you've pretty much mastered rendering them Big Grin
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
The fractals of Apollony were shown in a book by Bernard Sapoval, called "Universalités et fractales": that's where I saw them first.

There was just a picture, but it was enough to build the rest: I graduated the second oldest french engineer school (founded in 1782...) in 1985. So I have, let's say a good basis, even if my student years are getting old! I'm was not that good at maths :lol:

As for raytracing, I have re-discovered the main principle by myself last year, I had never heard about it before... I just called that "Hi-Res 3D", until I saw webpages about that technique called "raytracing". I just had to adapt my progs in terms of rational and vocabulary. Then I had to learn to prog :lol:

The reason why I spend so much time writing these explanations is that I have to re-discover everything by myself. It takes a lot of time, and people like Paul Bourke never give the explanations of the pictures they publish. They must consider that knowledge gives them a sort of power :barf: .

I personally find it more interesting to say how you do something: even if one person only will re-use it, it's enough to make me happy.
NOT THAT GOOD AT MATH?!!!! Yer kidding me!!!

:o :o :o

That is cool stuff Jark!!!
y smiley is 24 bit.
[Image: anya2.jpg]

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/

This stuff is so cool! Wink Very good Jark!
The two next pages should be interesting...

Remember this, Relsoft ?

Quote:I was actually thinking of lineary interpolating the mandel's color values and raytrace to it .;*)

I don't know how possible this is with Jark's tcray though.

Well, you'll get it soon ! Merged with the original Perlin algorithm in between, cause it's much more efficient than my own one :lol: .

The second one will merge the sponge (remember the 65 hours pic :rotfl: ):
[Image: Zsponge.jpg]

and the pyramid, as a "thimble"... Sorry for my bad english, I meant a "symbol". Must be the children books I'm trying to read to improve my poor english...

BTW, did you notice that Peter Pan, the movie, was dedicated to Dodi Al Fayed? You know, the guy who got Princess Diana pregnant, and who was therefore seriously murdered by the british secret services, by order of the british royal family, because it is not correct to have a muslim child in a family who has invented its own religion for politic reasons.

I must be real young to write this: children cannot be moderated 8) :wink: :king:
Hehehehe.

Mi6?

Darn Ritz is ritz!!!
y smiley is 24 bit.
[Image: anya2.jpg]

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
Jark thats very very beautiful. It reminds me of celestial objects =).