Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petition to Microsoft
A bunch of people from the community have put together a petition that basically asks Microsoft to release it's older BASIC compilers/interpreters as freeware. This includes QuickBASIC 4.5/7.1 and Visual BASIC for DOS among others. You can view and sign the petition here: http://www.petitiononline.com/qbasicp/petition.html.

Every signature counts! Be sure not to miss out.
PLEASE EVERYBODY GET HIS/HER ASS TO SIGN THIS

We have to show Microsoft that there is a true QB community. And I've seen *only* 22 signatures right now. Far too little.
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Quote:PLEASE EVERYBODY GET HIS/HER ASS TO SIGN THIS

DO IT!!! So we can take qbasic to new heights (i don't know how, but still DO IT!!!).
I really like this idea, but a company as big as Microsoft will never listen to an insigificant few. Please! We need more signitures!
nd remember kids, only you can provoke forest fires!
I'll post about this at the QBNZ forums and The Geekery forums. Not sure you'll get many hits from The Geekery, though.
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
Once in a blue moon there's a qbasic related post at neowin.net's forum, I posted a link to the petition there and at Blitz's forum.
Anybody here a regular poster on Slashdot?
I've posted about a dozen times, 2 of 'em got moderated up to +5. I've also submitted 3 stories, but they were all rejected (most are - they get a lot of submissions). I doubt I'm the most active slashdot poster here.

Regardless of who submits this to slashdot, we're going to have to draft something that will catch the editors' interest, otherwise nobody will ever see it.
Well, you're more active than me...I submitted a story once as AC (I'm not registered), then 2 weeks later some other guy submitted the same story and it got through. :normal:

What we submit should probably be something general, like LooseCaboose suggested:
Quote:You could do an ask slashdot, something a bit more general, along the lines of "What ancient languages/compilers are people still using and should the copyright holders release them as unsupported freeware" and then mention that you are using QuickBASIC.

(And then we could throw in the link to the petition at the end Smile )
i dunno how tek tips will react, but i'll ask them there. they'll prolly red flag my topic again and delete it Sad

i'll also ask at rpgdx.net.
Jumping Jahoolipers!