Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adventure Game Help
Okay, I'm mulling around with some ideas in my head, and I come up with something Iv'e never seen: an adventure game that's complete with a futuristic plot.

Does anybody:
1)Think this would work
2)Have any good ideas as far as plot ideas

Thanks
[Image: Signature.png]
Adventure games with futuristic plots? There are many! For example, Star Odds TongueTongueTongue

It looks like a good idea. I love adventure games and there are too little graphic adventures in QB.
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
What sort of engine do you have in mind? Will it be text-based, or graphical? A futuristic rpg sounds good. It sure beats having another medieval/zelda clone look-a-like.
Or Spacequest. Good good games. ^_^ What about Beneath a Steel Sky? Or did I just make that game up? hmm..

Anything you come up with can probably work. Jocke's Massacre works. 8) Just don't make it too boring or based off of Muppets in Space and it should be fine.
down to buisness, Plot Line:

your a futuristic elf in futuristic midevil times. your wearing your futuristic skirt thing and you live in a futuristic tree. and then the rest is just zelda, except with the word "futuristic" in front of all the nouns.

Yeah, i think there are a great shortage of games like these. along with graphic adventures, there is a lack of racing games. thats why i almost started "Fuel QB", which was supposed to help in the creation of racing games. so, good luck with your ideas! :wink:
the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.
Well, as far as the engine, it will be similar to Myst (I can't stand Sierra Online style games). Plus, i'll have some movies interspesed here and there. I'm not planning on this being a small game.

As far as plot, how does this sound:
In some futuristic place, there is a sudden set of assassinations on various public officials by a killer that leaves no trace. It is later discovered that the officials were responsible for the creation of the killer, and you now have to hunt down the humanoid and kill him before he kills you.
[Image: Signature.png]
Sounds interresting! 8) Did you say you'll have movies? If you mean within the game, I'm not sure if that's quite possible with QB. I know you can display .FLI files very well which would give you descent clips. Is there any .AVI routines out there for QB?
A question for the plot, can he be a ninja. like he still has all these futuristic kick ass weapons, but he prefers his sword. and he will only fight honorably. Plus, the villain should have class, lots of class, but whenever he see's an official on the news, he slowly mutates into the blood thirsty cyborg. in this state, he knows not of what he does. little bit of dramatic irony goin on there. just a few of my suggestions :wink:
the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.
Ninjas didn't fight honorabily, that's why they were used against Samurais, who did. (No bushido for the ninjas).
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Sounds like the movie where Stallone played a cop.. both of them. (or two of them: both involved cities of the future.. forgot their names..)
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.