Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My game in progress
I've been working on this game for close to a year and a half and it is my first real attempt at something graphical (a game like tanks and silly graphics demos aside). Unfortunately, the total amount of time spent on it is more like a month because I'm a student and stay quite busy with school. Anyway, I know that often times people release demos and then never finish them, but for me, releasing this will make me more likely to finish it. What I really need, is for someone to host the file for me. Oh yeah, btw, the game is a top down scrolling shooter (space ship type) that use rellib. I'll look forward to everyone's comments as soon as I post the game.
I won't host your file for one reason: my host is too erratic. It's down half the time.
The game sounds cool - and a lot like Total Destruction. What's it called?
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
Come register at www.qbasic.tk and upload it there. Click the upload file button at the top of the site (afer you register) and fill out the forms. Then as soon as an admin sees it, they will place it in the proper forum.
url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
Sorry, I completely forgot to give the name, which is Darkon. Its really cheesy sounding, and it may get changed still. Please don't expcet this game to be anywhere near as finished as Total Destruction-there are no levels yet nor are there background sprites like in TD. That will come later. In addition, I don't have enemies following tracks, but that is intentional. Instead, they follow certain "behaviors" which makes them more adaptable.

Thanks sumojo, I'll check it out.
It still sounds cool. TD was actually a little hard, so if you don't incorporate excellent AI (like TD did), the game'll probably be just right.
his game has been uploaded.

posted here for those that would like to see it.
url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
thanks so much sumojo
Okay! I like it! Here are my thoughts:
1) When your moving around the screen, you kinda jump around, rather than sliding smoothly. Makes it difficult to control.
2) I like that recoil you put on the guns. Makes it realistic. But the problem with the guns is that they move seperately, which makes it look as if the guns are detached from you, or just connected on springs. I think you should connect them a little more firmly to the ship.
Other than that, I'd say that this is a pretty cool game. :wink: I certainly couldn't have done it. :wink:
Quote:thanks so much sumojo

that's what our site is for :lol:

adding more so it's not spam...

umm your welcome and you can upload a file anytime. Now all you have to do is sit back and the let the reviews float it.
you don't like the guns being like that? it took alot of work to make them loose like that, it was kinda the thing i was going for. Alot of this was inspired by this game Tyrian. Anyway, if you don't like it, go into the source code version and play around with the gun.mass and gun.k under loadplayer1 and you can change how loose they are. Its really easy to make them stay with the ship and just recoil if thats what you want.

As far as the jerkiness goes, someone else has said that too, and I'm not sure I understand exactly what is going on. On my computer it seems to be really smooth, what speed of machine do you have? I'll work on making it smoother, i'll have to look and see if i'm using integers anywhere that i should be using singles or doubles.

Edit: One thing you might try, to see if it is the speed that is causing the problem, using the non-compiled version, turn off the two wait calls near the bottom of the main loop-with the vertical sync turned off, it should run alot faster.