Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A 3'20" Hi-Res Fractal Video made with QB, with sound !
It took three weeks, but it was worth waiting... The video clip is 42 Mb, with the music included.

http://mandelbrot.dazibao.free.fr/Flight/Flight.htm

It is certainly the longest video ever generated with QB, and probably the first time you will "fly" above the Mandelbrot set as f you were in a plane.

Hope you will enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it !

And don't forget to read the message in the end...

[Image: F1.jpg]
[Image: F2.jpg]
[Image: F3.jpg]
[Image: F4.jpg]
[Image: F5.jpg]
hink Global, Make Symp' All ! ®
[Image: Banner.gif]
I have uploaded the file on my webpage, but you can also try to get it from Kazaa: it may be easier, since you can D/L it in several times...
Jark...I'm downloading it now...nice that your server appears to have a fast connection...will report back shortly.
beautiful... just... beautiful.... *cries*
[Image: sig.php]
Back by popular demand!
I will byte and nibble you bit by bit until nothing remains but crumbs.
Did it take 3 weeks to render, to code it or both? If both, how long to render?
3 weeks to tune the control routine, in fact... The rendering routine that generates a view was ready, but I had to move the camera around curves, while being sure the velocity and the view angle would be continuous from one part of the trajectory to another.

Some parts are straight lines, some are part of circles, some are parts of a cycloid, and the rest is interpolations via cubic splines between two points and their gradients.

It is very similar to controling a missile in flight (that was my first job in 1987-1988 suring the SDI project :barf: :rotfl:

I think the program woud run in something like a complete night if I wanted to run it in one shot.
Goodness!!! That looks cool!!!

But 42MB?!!! Ca you trim it a lil? No sounds or something.
y smiley is 24 bit.
[Image: anya2.jpg]

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
I did my best to get something acceptable in terms of size... This 42 Mb is a 400x300 video merged with a 3'16" MP3 file, 44.1 kHz.

I'm gonna try to compress that in a lighter version, let's say 240x160, 22 kHz...
I managed to make a compressed AVI file which is only 10.5 Mb...

I will upload that tonight, I cannot do that from my office.. Cry
Use the xvid codec, then merge it with an ogg file at 64 kbit or so, should turn out with great quality while its very small (around 6-7 mb)
oship me and i will give you lots of guurrls and beeea