Poll: A new qb mag....
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Not interested
100.00%
13 100.00%
Interested and i WILL help out
0%
0 0%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new qb mag?
Right, ive been meaning to post this some time now, whod be interested in a new qb mag, since most of the current qb mags are dead?

I was thinking of making it sort of like a cross from qbtm and vplanet, then with the layout of pixelate.....

Now issues wouldnt be monthly or anything, thed probably show up 4 times a year or so... BUT i would make it so that the site would be interactible much like pixelate.co.za where people can submit articles and request them..... and it could be part of qbnews....

Now the real Question is, who would be willing to help out and contribute etc, becuase while i can work on the actual article stuff, im horrible at webdesign.

Now i have tons of more stuff that i can mention and how its going to work etc, but for now i just want to see how many people would be willing to help out becuase im not going to do it by myself.
b]Hard Rock[/b]
[The Stars Dev Company] [Metal Qb flopped] [The Terror]
Stop Double Posts!
Whats better? HTML or Variables?
Unless you have some specific ideas for regular articles and columns you intend to write, it would probably be better to contact the webmasters of one of the 'dead' publications and ask to submit articles, and revitalise an already well-known name.

Think about it: If you're trying to get articles to 'fill up a paper', then you're looking for filler, not articles. Newspapers report stuff, columnists write opinions on current events. They don't just write to fill up the paper with words. See what I'm saying?
Kewl Idea!!! Get on with it ans I'll probably contribute.

:*)
y smiley is 24 bit.
[Image: anya2.jpg]

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
Quote:Unless you have some specific ideas for regular articles and columns you intend to write, it would probably be better to contact the webmasters of one of the 'dead' publications and ask to submit articles, and revitalise an already well-known name

Well i already have specific ideas for articles, but see i dont want to write everything myself i was hoping to have it were it was more like a community magazine...
(eg
I'd start with

Begginer series(for 4 months or so, every qb mag starts with it)

Game Reviews(maybe 5-6 per issue)

Game Previews(see, thats not been done much, except for dark ages)

Game Overview(This is where a developer goes over his/her game and states what they did right or wrong)
Editorial(I'd get to write that)

Tutorials(This is easy, there are so many on the net and as long as i give credit i'm sure i'm alowed to republish most, although i might have to ask for permission)

Etc....

And i already know how its going to work... but i dont want to make the same mistake where i have to do everything(that in turn killed how many mags?) (and issues would only be maybe 4 a year so it wont be too demanding)

As for ressurecting a dead mag, i sort of want this to be a fresh start and start something new...

Okay what if i were to do one issue(mostly by myself) and see how people like it and deside wether to continue or not?

If so, i can do it but let me warn you.... my html is scary......
b]Hard Rock[/b]
Stop Double Posts!
u got my help if u need it

some suggestions though

sure community site is good, but quarterly is too long...i think that wizardlife sed is correct, and unless you are willing to put everything u can into a magazine it will be doomed to fail.
·~¹'°¨°'¹i|¡~æthérFòx~¡|i¹'°¨°'¹~·-
avinash.vora - http://www.avinashv.net
Count me in to write a line or two when I find 5 minutes Smile
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Well, i already got the layout(thanks tom) im not 100% sure if he'll let me use it but in his email he said he didnt think there was a problem.

and it will be very communty set, people can upload reviews, websites etc, if um, someone wants to write the php that is. I dont want to use postnuke since to me its seems SLOW(www.bender.org,www.qb45.com use it)

ill have a demo copy soon.(in a few weeks)
b]Hard Rock[/b]
Stop Double Posts!
Sounds very interesting. I'd be the first to read it! Big Grin
[Image: jocke.gif]
"Some men get the world, other men get ex hookers and a trip to Arizona."
Ahh the joys of webmastering!

Well, a community based site needs to be VERY interactive, and the two example which I think are the very best are Vbasicnews.com and pixel-zone.net (currently down for reworking). I think they php system used is extraordinary, and both zoggles and fling master have amazing talent in that field. I however, do not know enough programming in php, but i find it comfortable to read, understand and maintain. I can set up forums, news posting services, and community based sites shouldnt be a problem, as I can find one for you. For a magazine, you will need these things and need to consider these:

>Good, preferably banner-free host. lots of bandwidth and space.
>A decent layout.
>A good linking to affiliates
>HELP

anyway
good luck, and ask if you need any help.
·~¹'°¨°'¹i|¡~æthérFòx~¡|i¹'°¨°'¹~·-
avinash.vora - http://www.avinashv.net