Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VBDOS
I have VBDOS 1.0 proffesional...and a problem.
I'm OK at VBDOS, but does anyone know where to get a tutorial??!! I read Microsoft's tutorial, and I came to a conclusion: Microsoft Tutorials SUCK.
Does anybody know?
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
Well, I don't know about the existence of VBDOS code, but...

1. You can code like in plain QB.
2. If you want to use those flashy text-mode windows (which I love!)... harder stuff. I learned how to use it just 'cause I knew VB6 yet, and most of things are very similar.

I'd suggest you to learn the basics of VB6 (there are LOTS of literature, tutorials and the like) and then investigate VBDOS. Once you know the basic VB way-of-programming, VBDOS is really easy to manage.

Also, you can ask for help whenever you get stuck.
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
You mean Forms? I already know how to do that...
I know that the code is the same as QB...
But for slighly more advanced stuff, like control arrays...I need a tutorial.
There has to be al least ONE! I searched on google, but it yielded no results Sad
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
I wouldn't know myself.

But I'm going to but in and question the wisdom of using VBDOS for anything but compilation. You can create window stuff yourself in QB..
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
Well, automatic window managing is a piece of cake for lazy people like me Smile it helped me to code my wornderful SETUP utility that I include in my games... I like it.

I was not talking just about forms but complete window managing and databases. You can check for VB6 tutorials on control arrays, it is just the same. But before you wonder, control arrays are very simple. They work just like controls (same properties and such) but the event functions are passed an index value, which you can decide what control caused the event with.

As for the databases, VBDOS like PDS use the ISAM standard. You can find plenty of documentation about ISAM programming and managing, and also the VBDOS/PDS help is very rich about those topics.
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Yeah, vbdos rawks. It's superior in all ways to any other "qb" version.
oship me and i will give you lots of guurrls and beeea
where can i get vbdos? im decent in VB6, cuz i used to use it back in like 7th adn 8th grade, but i graduated high school last yr and havent done much with it since, lol

id like to get VBDos...where can i get it??
o im kind of a rookie, i can make some decent text based rpg's lol, but who can't right? hehe
Quote:You mean Forms? I already know how to do that...
I know that the code is the same as QB...
But for slighly more advanced stuff, like control arrays...I need a tutorial.
There has to be al least ONE! I searched on google, but it yielded no results Sad

Tip: Read a VB book. They work the same. :*)
y smiley is 24 bit.
[Image: anya2.jpg]

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/