Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help stop new FCC regulations
http://www.stopfcc.com/

I don't know what kind of impact this will have but if you live in the USA or are exposed to USA-based television, it might be a good idea to sign this.
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
and all cuz of Janet's 3 second flash....how retarded :roll:
igitalblackie.com - Done! Smile Ask about our hosting Wink

-Goddess of the of the No More Religion Threads movement Smile
What's wrong with these proposed regulations? My 8 year old brother watches TV unsupervised all the time...
It's a principle thing. If you give up a little bit at a time, it doesn't take long before you realize you gave everything you have away.
Life is like a box of chocolates', hrm, WTF, no it isn't, more like, 'life is like a steaming pile of horse crap.'
Quote:and all cuz of Janet's 3 second flash....how retarded :roll:

but but but but..... think of the children.
url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
free speech?

does that ring a bell?

there are things you can get-I think its called a V-chip?-to censor so called "bad" things on TV! You don't HAVE to watch!

on the other hand, Janet's 3 second flash thing, though I think its blown out of proportion, is not right. (She is probably a little wierded out since she realized her brother............I'll leave it at that.)
Quote:It's a principle thing. If you give up a little bit at a time, it doesn't take long before you realize you gave everything you have away.
That makes a lot of sense - it's a slippery slope. But I'm concerned that TV is falling down another slippery slope to the opposite extreme.

What about TV back when it was black and white, like I Love Lucy? No sex or nudity, and yet there was freedom of speech nonetheless. You see, the two are not mutually exclusive. People didn't have to buy something extra to filter their TV back then, why should they have to now?

My opinion:
Moderation between freedom of speech and common decency is the key - the same laws should apply to TV as to what you can do in front of people on the street. Sex and stuff should be confined to certain channels just as strippers are allowed only behind closed doors, and for the same reasons.
back in the days of "I Love Lucy" it was taboo to say words like "fuck". now, though its frowned apon, its not considered THAT big of a deal. I guarantee, if Lucy were to have said "fuck" that show would have never seen the glow of a TV screen again.
I really don't care about sex and/or violence on TV. What I hate are assinine, retarded programmes which are geared for people with a 90 IQ (ie: 70% of the population in the US).

What they need is more subtle, make-you-think-about-the-joke programmes like on Canadian and British TV. Not the 'Gee, if we explained this joke anymore, it would only be shown on FOX, WB, NBC or ABC :\', crap you see now.

The regulations should be to get the garbage crap off the air which only proves the collective lack-of-intelligence of the human species.
Life is like a box of chocolates', hrm, WTF, no it isn't, more like, 'life is like a steaming pile of horse crap.'
well though I myself dont watch that garbage, i think people should be able to if thats what they want and what they pay for. in my opinion, football is garbage. Michael Crichton put it in perfectly-"Grown men swatting little balls while the rest of the world pays to applaud." The point is, I don't believe that just because I think its garbage, nobody else should be able to see it.