Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I tried drawing Chun-Li again. (Suckage warning)
I know it sucks. I'm asking for critique... but seriously. I don't need any reestablishments of how "bad" it is.

[Image: mychunli.gif]
Hehe.

Ok, let's start with color. Her legs are darker than her arms. :lol:

Girth. She's too thin.

Head. Too small.

Arms too small.

Hands too small.

Legs too short.

Drape too long.

Needs a better hairdo.

Shoulders slightly too big.

No curvature between hip and shoulders.

Neck should be slightly smaller than costume and slightly longer.

Other than that . . .
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
Well, you were pretty much right, but...

Chun li has... whatever you call those, on her legs, so the legs themselves aren't darker, but they're covered...

And even though her shoulders DO have problems in the drawing, they're puffed out because that's how the costume is.

Everything else you said looks pretty much correct, though
stockings....???
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Pantyhose Smile

Do you use a skeleton before you start drawing? If no, you should do so. That helps keeping track of proportions. Using the skeleton technique you can pose your character before actually drawing it, so you can really achieve any posture.

This is from the fan-art comic I did in 1999 about Street Fighter:

[Image: T2R3-085.gif]
(page #85, square #1)

The art sucks, but the poses are "credible" 'cause I used the skeleton technique. I wouldn't be able to draw such poses without aid from scratch. If you do it, your drawing ends being plain like it happens now. It seems that all of her is in the same plane.

Also, girls are extremely tricky to draw. It took me ages to figure out the female body (please, no PUN here Tongue) properly. I have a couple of tricks to achieve it which I can explain you some time if you want. When drawing, men are make of squares and rectangles and women are made of curves. A girl's side view is easily achievable using just two ellipsoids. I can post examples if you like, as well.

This has been pixeled. When you are pixeling a big image (like this) it is better to draw it on paper, scan it, and pixel over the scan. Otherwise, it is extremely difficult to keep track of proportions.
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Shoulders: what, she's a football player?
Breasts: nonexistant, really.
Legs: cool.
Feet: round.
Cool. Wish I could draw like that.
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
Skeletons are for sissies. Wink

Quote:Shoulders: what, she's a football player?

I think that is acutally the style of her dress. They have enlarged bits on the shoulders, so as far as I know that is correct.
Quote:Pantyhose Smile

Do you use a skeleton before you start drawing? If no, you should do so. That helps keeping track of proportions. Using the skeleton technique you can pose your character before actually drawing it, so you can really achieve any posture.

This is from the fan-art comic I did in 1999 about Street Fighter:

[Image: T2R3-085.gif]
(page #85, square #1)

The art sucks, but the poses are "credible" 'cause I used the skeleton technique. I wouldn't be able to draw such poses without aid from scratch. If you do it, your drawing ends being plain like it happens now. It seems that all of her is in the same plane.

Also, girls are extremely tricky to draw. It took me ages to figure out the female body (please, no PUN here Tongue) properly. I have a couple of tricks to achieve it which I can explain you some time if you want. When drawing, men are make of squares and rectangles and women are made of curves. A girl's side view is easily achievable using just two ellipsoids. I can post examples if you like, as well.

This has been pixeled. When you are pixeling a big image (like this) it is better to draw it on paper, scan it, and pixel over the scan. Otherwise, it is extremely difficult to keep track of proportions.

Do you have the rest of those pages uploaded anywhere? As long as the fan-comic doesn't twist the story in horrendously silly ways, I'm always interested in reading one. Smile
Yeah. I have it uploaded.

This was some kind of sketchbook. I used it to learn. Contains tons of nudity, so I am not sure if you want to see it.
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i