Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is there a way to prevent users from editing your code?
when a programme is complete is there a way to lock the editor so nobody can edit it?
-p
if you release the source code anyone can access it. Unless you use an encryption program. But then there is no point of releasing the source code if no one can access it.

So: compile your program:
(qb4.5) Options>full menus
Run>check make stand-alone exe file>press enter
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
releasing the executable is that that generally keeps people from mucking around with your code. (But it's just a QB program. What are you worried about? Smile )
ravelling Curmudgeon
(geocities sites require copying and pasting URLs.)
I liked spam better when it was something that came in a can.
Windows should be defenestrated.
You should release your source code. It may help newcomers. I'm sure you are looking at someone else's code right now, so there is no point on hiding yours. Release your source code.
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
it was just out of curiosity, i was just wondering :-)
no1 could mess up my code more than me :-)
-p
If you really look for a "protection" of your source, you may enter the GNU licensing system. I'm not an expert, but this licensing system is, as far as I know, free of charge and is just a formalisation of the origin of the source code. It does not give you rights to claim for money if somebody hacks your code... But it's a nice way to formalise your work and to show your respect to the potential user...
hink Global, Make Symp' All ! ®
[Image: Banner.gif]
Couldn't you just distribute it as a stand-alone .EXE file, that way they won't be able to look at it even if they tried?
ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls. The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

Quote: Excellent. Now you can have things without paying for them.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Engine: 94%
Graphics: 95%
Sound: 100%
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
-----------------------------