Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Print and "?"
I just learnt a tip which is quite curious... When you type "?", Qb replaces it automatically by "PRINT".

Two questions :
1) Was that intentionally programmed in QB ?
2) Are there other tips of that kind ?
hink Global, Make Symp' All ! ®
[Image: Banner.gif]
Yeah, it was hardcoded inside QB. It worked in GW-Basic and Locomotive Basic interpreters, as well, and I think that in MSX-Basic and C64 Basic as well. It is somewhat old and just to save time.

As for more shortcuts... I don't know about anything but that ?.
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
seriously? If you type in ? it automatically changes to PRINT!? jeez that is weird I didn't know that and I've been fiddling with QBASIC for like 5 years now!
ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls. The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

Quote: Excellent. Now you can have things without paying for them.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Engine: 94%
Graphics: 95%
Sound: 100%
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
-----------------------------
"?" comes from the first basic ever http://www.truebasic.com

Be careful, in QB it only works because IDE changes them automatically to PRINT. If you write your program with an editor and compile it from the command line, the compiler will issue errors at every ?
Antoni
heh...i discovered the ? trick a few months ago when I was trying to find easter eggs in the IDE :bounce:
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
there is one easter egg in the ide that displays credits, but you need a very, very, slow computer to pull it off. i spent two hours in a dos emulator on the slowest setting trying to activate it.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
what is it?
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
oh, geez, you had to press some key combo between the time the program was executed and the ide started. for this to be even long enough, you had to have an 8088. i think it was all the control, alts, and shifts. it only worked in qb 1.0, too.

according to a search on google, the same thing happens supposedly if you type in 'pcopy 0, 1' into the immediate window when you first start qb up, but to be honest it's not much of an easter egg, the programmer's names just fly into the screen in a text demo.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
one could just use the program "slowmo" to make it slow as a turtle!

pcopy 0,1 doesn't work in qbasic OR qb :|
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
I have a 8088... I have QBasic 1.0... I will try it Smile
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i