Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visual Basic Error Question
I have a project and created the first form. Saved everything and exited out. When I went back into VB, opened the project, but the form does not come up. I click on View and then form and get the error message vb32 caused an invalid page fault message. Rebooted and it still does it everytime I try to view the form. Any suggestions what might be causing this problem?? I deleted the project (actually I was just starting it anyways), and did it over and still get the same results.
It's not your project causing the error, it's VB.

I take it you are running Windows 98 or other 9x flavour.

The typical fix for that is to upgrade to DOS3.0, Wink

Seriously, you may need to re-install VB and/or Wind'ohs.
Life is like a box of chocolates', hrm, WTF, no it isn't, more like, 'life is like a steaming pile of horse crap.'
I am running windows 98 second edition.

I also reinstalled VB and still get the same error.
Fix your windows then. It's causing the problem.

If you have the memory, then I suggest Windows 2000, will fix 99% of your problems in life.
Life is like a box of chocolates', hrm, WTF, no it isn't, more like, 'life is like a steaming pile of horse crap.'
I must ask the question...what controls are you putting on your form?

Also...try installing a VS service pack. SP5 is the most recent afaik.
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
All I had was the one form with 5 labels and 4 command buttons. I hadn't even put any programming in yet.

Also I am only running VB 4.0. Can you still download SP 5 ??
this is a very unusual problem. the only thing i can think of is : do you save both the project and the form? are you running some sort of source safe software? do you have a full version of Visual Basic or is it a downloaded one?
the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.
I downloaded version 4 from the site that na_th_an suggested. www.download-qb.tk I am not running any type of source safe software. Any suggestions?? I see Plasma listed a site for ver 5, maybe I'll try to download it and give it a try.
Downloaded Ver 5 and everything seems fine so far.