Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
compiling problems
I'm having a hard time getting a program I"ve written to compile. I used qb45 to compile a simple pong-like program with no problem, but now I'm working with more complicated programs, using double buffering, assembly, and large arrays. Qb45 wont' compile it.

I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to walk me through the compiling process: are there programinng techniques that make it easier, are there compatibility issues, etc.

the programs are too large to post here, but I can email them.

thanks
astrator of Crocodiles
What's the compile error message?
http://faq.qbasicnews.com/?blast=QbCompilerParams

That should help you out with switches Smile
there are three programs I'm trying to compile. each comes up with a single fatal error that points to specific lines, but I dont see problems with those lines

"data memory overflow"

is there a better tool to compile than qb45's built in compiler?
astrator of Crocodiles
'$DYNAMIC

at the top of each source file.
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
I'm not sure if this would help any, but you can try using REDIM instead of DIM.

BTW, CGI Joe, you're my hero Smile How's bad logic, is it still up? If so, what's the URL?
Hmmmm. I'm trying everyone's advice, but I'm having problems I don't understand. Perhaps someone could just look at one of these? It's a set of three programs that constitute the beginnings of a game making system. I got them to a stage where I want to get some input, but I think I'm doing a few strange things, so others arent able to run them.

I'm using QB.LIB and QB.BI. there is a CALL ABSOLUTE incompatibility, so I slightly modified my QB.BI, commenting out the CALL ABSOLUTE line, so that I didn't get an error from it when using my mouse routines. I know that makes it awkward for others to test these, but that wouldn't matter after it's compiled, right?

anyway, my files are at http://www.geocities.com/proteusware/download.html

If there is a charitable person who would be willing to take a look at these, and tell me if you can run them, I would be indebted.

Michael.H
astrator of Crocodiles