Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any harmonica players out there?
I'm trying to get into playing the harmonica. I have a BluesBand standard, and it seems to be alright.
Problem is, I can't really seem to find any getting-started tutorials for it. Any suggestions?
EDIT: I just learned (without the help of any online material :evil: ) Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. But still, I'd like to advance a little further than that....
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
i have a book, blues harmonica for the musically hopeless. if youll pay shipping ill send it.
zack. i used to play the harmonica, its quite possible the easiest insturment you can play. all you need to know is the notes of each hole and have a good sense of relative pitch.
Quote:# of the Hole
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Blow
C E G C E G C E G C
Draw
D G B D F A B D F A
these are the notes incase you need them. so now...go crazy and have fun with it.
the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.
i also have a beginners book.(forgot the name) i can post a few basic songs that are good to start out with if you would like...
Cha0s: Nah :wink:
Mech: thanks for that chart...I'll print it out.
Speedlemon: that'd be awesome. Smile

And Mech, when reading harmonica music, there's a number (coorosponds to the number of the hole), and then an arrow, pointing up or down. Up means inhale, and down means exhale, or the other way around?
I play harmonica...
It is pretty damn easy after practicing for a bit.
I know a few songs, but I wrote them all so... Don't think it counts.
I have two harmonicas, both authentic german Hohners, one nameless and kinda beat up (the one I prefer actually, hah), and the other is a 'hohner big river harp'-- Shiny! 8)
But yeah. I have no idea how to read harmonica music, sorry.
Quote:And Mech, when reading harmonica music, there's a number (coorosponds to the number of the hole), and then an arrow, pointing up or down. Up means inhale, and down means exhale, or the other way around?
*looking through book. however, im fairly certain that its the other way around.
hmm... ill put a *after the numbers that mean to draw instead of blow
Code:
Popeye Theme
5 6 6 6 5* 5 6
6 6* 5* 6* 7 6* 6
6 6* 5* 6* 7 7* 6* 6 6* 6 5 4
5 6 6 6 5* 4* 4
ill post more later, i gotta eat dinner :bounce:
EDIT:
Ok here's more
Code:
Oh, Susanna
4 4* 5 6 6 6* 6 5 4 4* 5 5 4* 4 4*
4 4* 5 6 6 6* 6 5 4 4* 5 5 4* 4* 4
5* 5* 6* 6* 6* 6 6 5 4 4*
4 4* 5 6 6 6* 6 5 4 4* 5 5 4* 4* 4
Code:
Home on the Range
6 5* 5 4* 5
4 4 4 4 4 4 3* 4 4*
3 3 4 4* 5
4 3* 3* 5* 5* 5*
5* 5* 5 4* 4 3* 4 4* 4
Code:
Aura Lee(Love me tender)
| 6 7 7* 7 8* 6* 8*
7 7* 6* 7* 7 :||
8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8
8 8* 7 8* 8
8 8 9* 8 8* 6* 8*
7 7* 6* 7* 7
if you want more, while i dont have many more songs, i still have a few more. but theres no sense posting them now seeing as you havent even learned these yet! :bounce:
Thanks y'all. I've also bought a book on it, it's cool.

Besides the fact that my harmonica is broken, and notes 2 and 3 don't really play well, I'm doing pretty good. Smile