Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FInale - And MIDIs!
I made a song using the program FINALE.... which is a really good program because it is basically...

1. Choose your instruments
2. Choose your note value
3. Point n' click

The song is really weird and involves a lot of strange percussion. It's awesome! I was going to use it in a QB game in conjunction with QMIDI but then I realized that everyone (including me Sad) has or is getting in the near future: WINDOWS XP. (DUN DUN DUNNNNNN *menacing laugh echoing from Microsoft HQ*) But anyway, if you're interested in such things, it would be worth checking out!!!
ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls. The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

Quote: Excellent. Now you can have things without paying for them.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Engine: 94%
Graphics: 95%
Sound: 100%
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
-----------------------------
VDMSound, man. Windows XP + VDMSound = No sound problems for MSDOS applications, including QMidi.

Download it Smile

Btw, it would be neat that you actually posted the MIDI Wink
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
FIne then, here it is!

http://www.fortunecity.com/wembley/white...wonkey.mid

LoL, I don't know how else to do it. It should work, tho.

As for VDMSound, I tried it, and was unimpressed. The sounds were bad. But, maybe I just got a beta version or something! I'll look around.

Oh yeah, the MIDI is VERY random, so don't expect any fancy shmancy stuff.
ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls. The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
cool
is that "FINALE" program free?
[Image: sig.php]
Back by popular demand!
I will byte and nibble you bit by bit until nothing remains but crumbs.
Well, FINALE 2003 is not free, but there is FINALE NOTEPAD which is free. hmm... come to think of it, you can't make MIDI's with FINALE NOTEPAD, but if you're interested you could send the song you made to me, I could make MIDI and send it back! :bounce: Just search Google for "FINALE NOTEPAD" and you should find it. It's a great program!
ovaProgramming.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Quote:As for VDMSound, I tried it, and was unimpressed. The sounds were bad. But, maybe I just got a beta version or something! I'll look around.

To me, QMidi sounded as bad in Windows 98 as it sounds now in WinXP+VDMSound. QMidi sounds bad Big Grin

Appart from that, I get the very same sound output in the rest of the applications that I got in my old computer with Windows 98.

The song is funny Big Grin Some portions are somewhat out of harmony, but not much Wink Btw, that song will sound bad with QMidi: too much percusion special FX. QMidi uses the Sound Blaster old MSDOS TSR drivers, and they are very limiting. The trick is to use the minimun amount of "odd" instruments for percusion, stick to bass drum, snare, toms, hihat, crash and ride or it will sound like crap Tongue.
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Okay, then, if Qmidi is bad, what should I use?
ovaProgramming.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~