Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
qbasic proggies freeze in winxp
Maybe this should be in the newbie help forum, sorry if it should be :/

Anyways, I can't seem to get any programs to work on this WinXP box! The program starts, I get the first screen, and then it's frozen. I searched and searched and couldn't find anything on this except one site I remember mentioning that some QBasic users had problems with NVidia graphics cards with WinXP.

I can't find that site anywhere now, and I'm wondering if anyone here has had any issues like this. This QBasic apps works on all the other computers I've tried it on (from dos -> winxp). It's just this one computer that's giving me problems.

Anyone experience anything like this? Any pointers on how i could solve this problem?
as soon as qbasic.exe starts, maximize it by holding alt then pressing enter. that should do it.
Jumping Jahoolipers!
Hey barok, thanks for the suggestion.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to do any good. I've tried maximizing it as soon as it loads and I've tried maximizing the DOS window first and then running the qbasic app - neither worked.
1) Buy a crappy 4GB hdd
2) Install crappy 4GB hdd as primary slave
3) Boot off floppy.
4) Install DOS 6 on 4GB hdd

Configure the winXP bootloader to provide an option for booting the old hdd on startup.

Short answer: 16bit apps + winxp = teh noes.