Poll: Is the QB IDE the best IDE you've used?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
22 100.00%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you rate the QB IDE?
Have you used or seen a nicer ide?

Also am I the only person who seems to prefer QB's overpowering uppercasing of keywords and keeping one variable per variable name?
:???: I like the uppercasing, because then I can see which words are keywords and which keywords are misspelled.
Yes but it's a pity it doesn't do the same with "self-crated" sobs...

...But it IS good!
/post]
It WAS good for it's time...
very limited now...
as for casing..well what the hell is syntax hiliting for? use a windows ide, and use the qb compiler...

i would love to see someone make a qb ide with syntax highting...

i would do it myself, but i dont have the time... sob

hehe
·~¹'°¨°'¹i|¡~æthérFòx~¡|i¹'°¨°'¹~·-
avinash.vora - http://www.avinashv.net
I prefer the upper casing. I dislike colour syntax highlighting, its more distracting as I prefer just a simple black and white screen(which is what my qb's ide settings are)
If rhide had mouse some fricken decent mouse support it would be a really good ide. Bit its mouse editor is so damn bad its scary.

The qb ide is really good, it very not crash prone when using its own routines(you screw somethings its your one fault) and etc....

But multiple .bas files and more memory support would be really nice.....
b]Hard Rock[/b]
[The Stars Dev Company] [Metal Qb flopped] [The Terror]
Stop Double Posts!
Whats better? HTML or Variables?
I use a program called xemacs for most of my coding (I dont think it does qb tho). It has syntax highlighting, paren-matching, regular expression searches, in editor compiling for a large number of languages, access to the shell, auto indentation (in a variety of styles), shortcut keys for everything and tab completion.

I find the qb-ide a bit limited in terms of functionality, but I cant be bother flipping backwards and forwards between it and another editor, so it will have to do. :o
esus saves.... Passes to Moses, shoots, he scores!
I like the QB IDE better than anything out there. Like Uppercasing QB's syntax and producing the declare statements. Also like the fact that is hides the subs/functions do the code doesn't get messy.

Rating:

11/10

:rotfl:
y smiley is 24 bit.
[Image: anya2.jpg]

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
It's very user friendly.
This seems like an 'old' topic, but...

The QB IDE is the best Big Grin.