Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's this 'Tech Talk' crap?
What happened to the 'General Discussion' forum?

Why do the admins of this site seem to give the impression they are writing a sequel to Mein Kempf?

Why do I have the suspicion that I won't get answers but this thread will be locked/deleted?

Why do I have the feeling I'm going to get a 'warning' about not following the rules from the same admins that change the rules at a whim when someone offends them, despite thier change offending 10 more people?

Addition:

Quote:Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum.

Excuse fucking me? Did that forum just tell me that *I* can't participate in a debate/discussion?

Well, fuck you. I'm taking myself elsewhere. I'm not going to tollerate that sort of nonsense.
Life is like a box of chocolates', hrm, WTF, no it isn't, more like, 'life is like a steaming pile of horse crap.'
Another one bites the dust. That's 3 so far....
url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
You could try the:
Usergroups

Link at the top right of this page, and join the Debate group.

Just a suggestion. *HINT HINT*
The general forum was split up into tech talk, misc talk(not great names but attempts at being more descriptive) and the debate & discussion forum.

These changes were announced in the site issues forum
http://forum.qbasicnews.com/viewtopic.php?t=6014 and http://forum.qbasicnews.com/viewtopic.php?t=6007. You can easily join the debate forum, only problem at the moment is I don't know how to easily edit the debate forum message. If you want to join, just go to usergroups and subscribe.
Link to join the group so you can view/post in the debate forum:

http://forum.qbasicnews.com/groupcp.php?g=1131
Why bother changing it? It was working fine with a 'general' forum for years? Why change a winning strategy? All you did was bugger up a perfectly good system.

Every hear the phrase, 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it?'

No, I'm tired of this nonsense that has been going on. I may come back and look from time to time, but it's not worth the effort. It's this crap why I stopped going to NeoNazis...err...NeoZones once Marcade took over from Jason. He went power mad and became an ass.

It looks like a couple admins have gotten too big for thier breeches here. It's especially bad when one of those people is a little puke nobody who has done nothing to contribute to the community other then enforce only the rules that interest him and non-existant rules when things offend him.

If only I had a Qmunity time machine so I could go back to the glory days of '94. Back when people had respect and people could do things with talent not with brute force MHz of machines. 'Yeah, you can make a raytracer that runs at 60FPS. What? You did it on a 2GHz P4? Get the hell out of here. I knew people who did that on 66MHz 486s.'

Now the community is filled with little pukes who have done nothing and think they deserve respect for it. Some of the community was born after QB died. I've only seen a few of the 'greats' left and a few of those who thought they were great but were only pretty good.

Anyway, I'm moving on to a forum which *doesn't* warn people about language and what they say (providing it's relative to the topic).
Life is like a box of chocolates', hrm, WTF, no it isn't, more like, 'life is like a steaming pile of horse crap.'
Quote:raytracer that runs at 60FPS

Jeez if you complain at least get it right Wink lol Or if you have a raytracer that runs that fast please show me!
NeoZones != NeoBasic
dark_prevail: My bad, I meant raycaster. It was early, what do you want from me ;P

Plasma: You got that right. But, since www.neozones.com resolves to the NeoBasic site...
Quote:It looks like a couple admins have gotten too big for thier breeches here. It's especially bad when one of those people is a little puke nobody who has done nothing to contribute to the community other then enforce only the rules that interest him and non-existant rules when things offend him.

I've replied to that via PM. And the thread in site issues via the same PM. And I've told him the score too - if he makes allegations like he has he must back them up by himself. If he even comes back. But I would suggest that he should read that PM definately, it might be an eye opener for him...