Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out of DATA
I keep on recieving this troublesome error, when I get to the part of making the character sprite. I checked to see what I was doing wrong, and all of my lines where 15 * 13 like they where supposed to be. I know I didn't explain this thoroughly enough, but could someone please give me a solution to this bothersome problem.

Much Appreciated :lol:
quote="na_th_an"]
Greenday, Spice Girls... Can you tell the difference?
[/quote]
Paste your code.
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
The OUT OF DATA error is generally issued when there are too many READ statements than there are DATA items encountered. If your sprite size is 15x13 then make sure that your loop is reading DATA only 15x13 times.
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
It is 15 * 13....I can still paste my code if its like 200 lines?
quote="na_th_an"]
[/quote]
Actually I don't need to really...You know Vic Luc's big example in the RPG gaming tutorial, all I did was replace his sprites with mine and make a better battle system. All my tiles are 15 * 13, just like Vic's but I still get this blasted error. -_-
quote="na_th_an"]
[/quote]
Sounds like you missed the point of the tutorial. A tutorial isn't meant to be copied, it's meant to be learned from. Sounds like you missed the learning part. Tongue
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
haha, it was just for a test, after all I was learning it, he said "USE YOUR OWN SPRITES IF YOU LIKE" So I did, and I am still gettting this problem.
quote="na_th_an"]
[/quote]
If what you did is simply copied the FOR loops from the tutorial, without changing the values of the sprite sizes, then that's your problem. Tongue
O_o Okay....But all I changed where the sprites ITSELF! Not the sizes, the sizes remain the same! There just different pictures that's all.
quote="na_th_an"]
[/quote]
Ohh. Well then post the part of the code with the FOR statements and the DATA, please. Smile