Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
screen saver
how would you make a screen saver?, i mean is it a stand alone program or one that can be used by the screen saver thingy in windows? just curious...:roll:
unning a panasonic toughbook, cf-25 Smile
In Windows 9x, you can just rename a Windows .exe program to .scr, and place it in the \Windows directory. I don't believe this works with DOS programs, although I am not sure. Also, XP doesn't let you do this.
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
Look up "DOSSAVER" on google.
onathan Simpson
To *properly* make a screensaver for Windows requires a lot more than just renaming an executable to .scr. You have to process several commandline parameters (such as /c and /s) as well as have a proper application name for the executable. Sure you can be a cheap ass and just make up some proggy and rename it to .scr and it might fire when the timer says to come up, but to get everything (the preview window in Display Properties, a Configure method, and most importantly, password handling [it's different between 9X and NT, NT handles this natively but you have to handle it yourself in 9X]), you have to do a lot more work. It's worth it though...screensaver coding is mad fun. Big Grin
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
RapidQ can make windows screensaver.
y smiley is 24 bit.
[Image: anya2.jpg]

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/