Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good IDE for Borland Turbo C 2.01
Does anyone know of a good IDE for Borland TC 2.01 (the one you can get from their website)? I tried configuring VIM to use it, but with no luck (guess I'm too stupid to understand those baroque Unix-style editors!). The one it comes with is quite good, but not quite on the level of the great one they made for Turbo Pascal 7.0.
In a race between a rock and a pig, don't varnish your clams." -- "Dilbert"
Since you say you're using VIM, i assume you're using a unix clone like Linux/FreeBSD or something.

You can use kate/kwrite/kedit...which are available in KDE. But you will have to compile everything using command line.

tcc blah.c -o blah

otherwise you could use the built in gcc compile(recommended) =)
Quote:Since you say you're using VIM, i assume you're using a unix clone like Linux/FreeBSD or something.

No, actually... I'm using Win 95.

Quote:otherwise you could use the built in gcc compile(recommended) =)

And that's too big to download Sad. Oh, well. I've recently realised that maybe there's no point in using C over Pascal and QB.
Hmm...have you tried djgpp? It has a good IDE, RHIDE, http://www.rhide.com/
You know, I have that on CD! I'll have to take a closer look at it and see if I can turn off all the C++ extensions (which of course I probably can).
You can use djgpp to compile both C/C++ programs. BTW they are compiled to protected mode =P.
Quote:You can use djgpp to compile both C/C++ programs. BTW they are compiled to protected mode =P.

Tsk, I don't need all that extra memory. What would I do with it Wink?
I'm sure I'll end up filling it up with something.
lol, if you want to compile for windows then better download MingW32 or DevC++(it comes with mingw).
Quote:lol, if you want to compile for windows then better download MingW32 or DevC++(it comes with mingw).

But I don't want to compile for Windows... DOS (with DPMI if I need it) is good enough for me. Is there any advantage to compiling for Windows vs. compiling for DOS? The way I see it, I still get the same amount of memory with DPMI and it runs on computers without Windows as well...
99% of PCs use Windows, and DOS/DPMI performs quite bad under the DOSVM in Windows 2000 and XP, plus it has very limited memory available.

Use a portable library and compile your games for both platforms, if you are so concerned about MSDOS only users. But this time I consider that being able to compile for Windows, it's not worth to make a MSDOS version.
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i