Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB
Is there somewhere I can download QB. I am a beginner and trying to learn from a tutorial. I have tried downloading from sites but when I open program it opens then closes right when it opens. I have tried to download from about 3 different sites and it does still does the same thing. Any help trying to download QB I would like. Thanks
First of all...you're lucky anyone even paid any attemtion to this post, considering your subject was "QB". Hello, you're on a QB forum, all posts are assumed to be about QB. :roll:

Secondly, try qbnz.com.
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
what os are u using, i found that i cant run qb on my XP machine even with compatability, well i havent tried qb 1 but i have tried qb 4.5 on it but i gave up because i have it on two other comps.
unning a panasonic toughbook, cf-25 Smile
Quote:[...]but when I open program it opens then closes right when it opens.[...]
that happens to many dos programs that i try. i give up right after that. but qb works fine on my computer (XP) :wink:
yea...I have XP. I just type in cmd in the run program from the start menu.
I got a question. when I click Start then Run and type in command and click enter the dos box comes up but then goes away after about 2 seconds. It does it everytime. Does anyone know the problem I have and can help me on it.
sounds like a bad *.exe file to me. I got XP and QB1.1, 4.5, and PDS and they all wrk fine, without any trouble (execpt for XMS memory)

http://alex.biotech-warfare.com/uploads/

Check in my directory...... BC7(1).EXE is QB PDS, and QB45.ZIP is obvioulsy QB4.5

If that doesn't work, you may have a computer problem w/DOS

Oz~
Think it is a computer prob then. I tried to open both and they done the same thing. They opened for about 2 seconds then they went away like I clicked X or something.
Try opening a command prompt, and running the program from there.

eg startprogramsaccessoriescommand prompt
then type the program name...
well, when i type in the commands

cd\
cd qbasic
qbasic

it just gives me C:\QBasic> and when i try to do a statement like PRINT 5 + 10 and then END it gives me a ' ' is not an internal or external command operable or a batch file.

I am trying to open QBasic but it just says Command Prompt at the top.