Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All of you, let’s confront some things boldly here. ^_- !
Dearest all of you,

A rather splendidly fine week to you all (and I *mean* it, too!!). Wink ! I just want to let you all know that re-developing of the QBCPC 2004/2005 has just started from this past weekend.

I know that among some of you that there has been some UTTERLY pointless controversy over my compo and my Official Entry Rules, and I know as well that there have been things said about me from the third (3rd) page of my recent news topic that really harmed the blatant hell out of me personally and tried to _discourage_ and even severely frighten me literally out of the compo creation, BUT, please do not let the rules turn you all off (even if at least some of them are uncomfortable to you, too!), AS I HAVE ONLY PLACED THEM THERE CLEARLY TO ENCOURAGE ONLY FRESH AND POSITIVE CREATIVITY IN QUICKBASIC PROGRAMMING, and absolutely not negative creativity, nor about hatred or hate of human beings at all. That is clearly all. Smile !

And also, in the process of re-developing my current all-new compo in HTML format, while I am not gonna change the nature of my rules, I AM gonna change some rules of mine (and even update some of them to make them more meaningful, too! Big Grin !! ). If you saw my original categories in this QB gala, you might have discovered that one of them *already* featured my first-ever sports category honouring the up and coming 2004 Athens Olympic Games!! A lot of “MUST NOT MISS” material is happening at my new compo, so THINK POSITIVE, people!! PLEASE THINK POSITIVE. ^_^ !!

See, if you all would just take time off from yourselves to look right past all the hurt and the rumors and the controversy and recent lies as well about me and my compo and just take the time also to enjoy the new compo instead of even letting yourselves be intimidated and offended by my rules, then you will find out eventually that the QBCPC 2004/2005 is only nothing more than just a sheep in wolf’s clothing, actually.

I am just saying this on the very truth that I am not gonna give up on this most sacred pride and joy of QB compos. EVER. And I, Adigun Azikiwe Polack, as the official founder of the QuickBASIC Caliber Programming Compo, will personally NEVER back my guard down, NOR let my very spirit be broken apart at the seams. Like I have said time and time again now, the QBCPC is all about creating positive originality in QB indeed, so get used to it and just deal with it instead of even beginning to argue and/or debate about it. And in time, you will realize the inner truth and *surely* understand why. I DEEPLY PROMISE YOU. :wtnod: !!

I am not even beginning to argue with anyone or you at all on this post. Big Grin Really, I *never* even intended or purposed to bring harm to anybody at all, too. Since 2001/2002, my mission statement to you all is for me to be a blessing to you all with something new and revolutionary in QuickBASIC/QBasic programming, and not to just make you feel comfortable all the time. Look, it is truly time to get out of your very own comfort zone and get into something positive like that. COME ON NOW! Cool !

In addition, at least Wildcard himself *will* understand this message deeply, I believe in my heart, knowing between me and him. I just hope that you all too will FINALLY understand this deep, rock-solid, and heartfelt message that I am sharing with you all on purpose. Please do not take it forgranted and say something bad and ugly and stuff, because it will not work. Once again, be positive!! Wink

God so richly bless you all, and thank you all. ;*) !!

SHARING MY RATHER OWN HEART WITH YOU JUST *PLAIN* PERSONALLY AND INTIMATELY,

Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow”
Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger”
Webmaster of the all-new “AAP Official Projects Squad”
url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][Image: file.php?id=194][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !
i got this one
Quote:[...]Please do not take it forgranted and say something bad and ugly and stuff, because it will not work.
dont take AAP's spelling for granted. :wink:
I have nothing bad to say but I will tell you this.
If indeed I had to read rules here at QBASIC News like I read at your site then I would not be posting this thread nor would I have bothered ever registering.

You also cannot expect pepole to change their religon to be able to take part in your compo. I won't change my deep religonous feelings for you or anyone else.

You went so far as to say that you cannot use the phrase:

Tickle me to death

I mean really. Even my preacher says that. You are going way overboard there A.A.P.

Try to put some trust into pepole. One more thing that really got me all bent out of shape was the Godlike images thing you stated in your rules. I seen your drawing. If you want me to beleive that that wasn't God like then you need to rethink it out.

As far as nudity the women in your pic has alot of cleavage showing (breast) . I would be uncomfotable letting my kids play a game with seeing somthing like that.

If you want pepole to join then tune down your rules alot.
Also try tunning down the way you come at pepole. I went to the site & looked . I would have joined in on the forum. Maybe even let both of my kids (new one took on QBASIC finally) join in & creat a game for this compo.
But it was not what anyone said or *rumors* to why I didn't. It was clearly your rules & unfairness.
You got this thing of If A.A.P does it then it must be ok deal.
There needs to be alot of changing in your rules , and your attitude.

You are only making pepole uncomfortable with your attitude & your rules. As soon as it changes then sure I will take a look & see , who knows might even join in. 8)
This is not intended for you to argue with & I will not
even argue this one out with you .

This is just plainly the truth as I have seen it 8)

So good luck A.A.P & may God help you! & may he also Bless you!

BTW the fastest way to get God to bless you is to sneeze.
unescape.com
Massive online role playing game
Free to play
To Bluffer:

Quote:I have nothing bad to say but I will tell you this.
If indeed I had to read rules here at QBASIC News like I read at your site then I would not be posting this thread nor would I have bothered ever registering.

You also cannot expect pepole to change their religon to be able to take part in your compo. I won't change my deep religonous feelings for you or anyone else.

You went so far as to say that you cannot use the phrase:

Tickle me to death

I mean really. Even my preacher says that. You are going way overboard there A.A.P.

Try to put some trust into pepole. One more thing that really got me all bent out of shape was the Godlike images thing you stated in your rules. I seen your drawing. If you want me to beleive that that wasn't God like then you need to rethink it out.

As far as nudity the women in your pic has alot of cleavage showing (breast) . I would be uncomfotable letting my kids play a game with seeing somthing like that.

If you want pepole to join then tune down your rules alot.
Also try tunning down the way you come at pepole. I went to the site & looked . I would have joined in on the forum. Maybe even let both of my kids (new one took on QBASIC finally) join in & creat a game for this compo.
But it was not what anyone said or *rumors* to why I didn't. It was clearly your rules & unfairness.
You got this thing of If A.A.P does it then it must be ok deal.
There needs to be alot of changing in your rules , and your attitude.

You are only making pepole uncomfortable with your attitude & your rules. As soon as it changes then sure I will take a look & see , who knows might even join in. 8)
This is not intended for you to argue with & I will not
even argue this one out with you .

This is just plainly the truth as I have seen it 8)

So good luck A.A.P & may God help you! & may he also Bless you!

To prove the point, you are so *absolutely* right that yours truly (talking about me only!) needs to change my attitude and at least some of my rules all concerning my QBCPC 2004/2005 Official Entry Rules. No denying that, since I so STRONGLY believe in getting real with myself, even with people. Like I have said from the beginning of this topic, I am not changing the nature of the rules, but I am gonna change at least some of the rules indeed. Period. Big Grin ! (Giving the OK signal on that!! Cool ! ) And you know what, man, this _includes_ me repolishing the rules to make them truly give some ease and more encouragement to other users, plus, I will also remove that FJ pic from my rules, as well, since it *is* becoming unsuitable for my compo itself (oh, I didn’t know that at all! :o ! ). I am striving to make this compo *MUCH* much better and more flexible than the last two (and to make it more comfortable even for kids as well, too, no doubt!).

I will go right to work right now, and thanks so greatly, Bluffer!!! :king: !

COMING TO SHEER GRIPS WITH *ME, MYSELF, AND I* ON MY COMPO,

Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow”
Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger”
Webmaster of the all-new “AAP Official Projects Squad”
url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][Image: file.php?id=194][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !
Bluffer, it's nice to see that someone else has realized what aap is really about, and is speaking about it, and it doesnt look like only the Big Four (Nek, nathan, aetherfox and myself) nor the Sumo Duo (Zap and sumojo) are complaining.
igitalblackie.com - Done! Smile Ask about our hosting Wink

-Goddess of the of the No More Religion Threads movement Smile
Quote:Bluffer, it's nice to see that someone else has realized what aap is really about, and is speaking about it, and it doesnt look like only the Big Four (Nek, nathan, aetherfox and myself) nor the Sumo Duo (Zap and sumojo) are complaining.

Everyone's realised what the problem is, but the thing is, none of it's going to sink through to AAP's head... We've all been going through this for months now, and by replying to his stuff, were's just gassing the fire. If we all just ignore him, he'll have nothing to do...
AAP, I'm going to be blunt: You claim that you want to encourage creativity and originality and stuff in your compo's... however your rules ARE getting in the way of any leaps and bounds in creativty and originality.

Plain and simple: You have WAY TOO MANY rules and they are WAY TOO RESTRICTIVE.

While you are of course able to hold any compo you want and use any rules you desire, you should have realized by now that one of the BIGGEST reasons (but not the only reason) that you recieve so much complaints about your compos is because of this:
Quote:You have WAY TOO MANY rules and they are WAY TOO RESTRICTIVE.

So to sum up... if you like your compos the way they are now then continue to do what you're doing. If however, you don't like the tons of complaints you get from people around here about your compos then you had best realize that....

Thank you for your time.
I know you're not debating, but a few questions:

Quote:See, if you all would just take time off from yourselves to look right past all the hurt and the rumors and the controversy and recent

What lies were posted? I don't remember seeing too many. There were opinions of you and your compo posted, if that's what you mean. Otherwise it's just been quoting your rules.

Quote:I am not gonna give up on this most sacred pride and joy of QB compos. EVER. And I, Adigun Azikiwe Polack, as the official founder of the QuickBASIC Caliber Programming Compo

Could you be any more arrogant about your compo?

Quote:AAP, I'm going to be blunt: You claim that you want to encourage creativity and originality and stuff in your compo's... however your rules ARE getting in the way of any leaps and bounds in creativty and originality.

Agreed

Quote:Bluffer, it's nice to see that someone else has realized what aap is really about, and is speaking about it, and it doesnt look like only the Big Four (Nek, nathan, aetherfox and myself) nor the Sumo Duo (Zap and sumojo) are complaining.

Did you read that Zap, it's my duo!

P.S.

Quote:I can't ignore *any* hate-bait.
url=http://fileanchor.com]FileAnchor[/url] - ImageAnchor - FBTK - QbasicNews - VPlanet - Various
I'm afraid I agree, what is said above is absolutely true. While there's nothing stopping you from making a competition with rules as you so have them, unless the very nature of them does change to be more tolerant you will find that you won't get many entries at all.

I've always advocated that people should simply ignore your competition if they don't like it, but they don't listen to me anymore Sad. So I guess you're on your own - I suggest you change your rules to be far more tolerant and less restrictive.
I can't ignore *any* hate-bait.
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i