Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just what we needed, grades for the world's flags
...Eheh. Somebody has a lot time on their hands:

http://ahpc-jp30.st-and.ac.uk/~josh/flags/meth.html
size=9]"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." -- Theodore Roosevelt[/size]
ATTENTION WORLD!

Our largest idiot has been identified! Not surprisingly, that idiot is from Britain! Big Grin

j/k to all you Brits out there, but sheesh...what kind of MORON made this website?!
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
Quote:Pakistan: Best use of the star and crescent. Unfortunately, it depicts something astronomically impossible, namely the eclipse of the moon by a star. But perhaps it's not a star but a nuclear satellite-weapon aimed at India?

omfg :rotfl: he is crazy!
Hahaha! I love it! I really do.

He has obviously spent a LOT of time on this, and actually I agree with many of his points, such as the "eyewatering" and "bad colours"

LOL:
Quote:This flag looks like a corporate logo. Many attempts at "modern" looking flags fall into this trap, notably Saint Lucia, which induced in me a strange desire to seek financial advice from the inhabitants of this fledgling Caribbean nation.

Oh yea, and: I would expect anything less from a Briton. ^_^
The best flag:

[Image: flag.gif]

Well actually, that site was kind of interesting...but that guy grades too harsh. For example, there is nothing wrong with Sweden's colors. And how come Norway gets a B, while Faroe Islands gets an A-? Faroe's got pink on their flag...looks like crap.
LOL!

Quote:Libya
[Image: ly-lil.gif]
B 70 / 100
Did you even try?
Quote:Great design and colour choice. Also represents the geography of the country (without being a map).

Said about Gambia...

Now.. Swedens flag, blue for the water, that surrounds sweden on 3/4 sides, and yellow for the (for the time) vast fields of wheat.

Yeah.. good research.. and how come the same design, but with red and white, get's 10 points more?..

Is red and white a better color for flags then blue and yellow?

lmao... poor poor guy...
Hes a total fag.

He need to do his research. As in why the scandinavian countries all have the same "simple" scheme. And that flags arent just colored paintings but actually has a history.

pff

Z!re: yes it is Tongue we'll deal with this on msn...
url=http://www.copy-pasta.com]CopyPasta[/url] - FilePasta
Exactly, every country's flag represents something =P. It's not just 'art'

BTW did you guys actually read his disclaimer?
Quote:Disclaimer

The pages you are about to view have been known to cause offense to some people. If you are apt to be offended by sarcastic humour directed towards your national flag, I suggest you go no further. Note also that my employer does not necessarily endorse anything you might read here.