Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB45 petition.. please read and sign
If you havent been living under a rock for a while, you'll know that Truetech are screwing up QB45.com. Youll probably also know tht there are a whole bunch of people, like myself, who love QB45 and dont like whats happened to it.
So here's what i posted on the NeoBASIC forum:

well, yesterday we tried talking to Mike Doise; properly explaining the site situation and that we wanted it back. (you can read the conversation logs at http://62.31.35.133/convo.htm, if you can read all that)
Now, apart from a couple of side arguments about peoples responsiblities and excuses for the downtime, it basically came down to the points that Mike Doise thought we were whiney admins, and that our views werent the views of the community as a whole. So, now, we have a PetitionOnline which perhaps i can use to change his mind. I dont know if this will work but hopefully it'll show him that its more than just me and Jason who dont want to see him messing around with the site anymore.
http://www.petitiononline.com/sellqb45/petition.html

And remember, everyone who signs gets a cute kitten, absolutely free*

* kitten not included

Seriously though: thanks for taking an interest, to all who sign.
I wish you luck, but I doubt that it's going to do any good. All I got out of the conversation you posted a link to is that Mike is one of those people who wouldn't recognize a clue if one jumped up and bit him.
ravelling Curmudgeon
(geocities sites require copying and pasting URLs.)
I liked spam better when it was something that came in a can.
Windows should be defenestrated.
'Most of all, we want Glenn' :lol:

So how come you jumped ship Glenn, i thought you were pretty much the captain of the QB45forum high seas? I must admit, I havent been around there much myself lately. Mainly because I could have flown to Tokyo in the time it took the pages to load..
In a world without walls and doors, who needs Windows and Gates?
You only need to look at this section of our MSN shouting....

[04:47:42] Tom: if you start changing arund a fantastic site, putting up special news systems, calender modules, making generic interfaces for everything, and using fucking goddamn POSTNUKE - which took about three rewrites to pull off with any degree of success - then of course people are not going to like you fucking up a perfectly valid system
[04:48:28] Tom: ah, jason, its all your fault
[04:48:41] Jason: yeah, I think that has been something that's given a lot of teething problems, however jorden's old perl scripts are a bitch to maintain........
[04:48:43] Mike: a valid system that was HACKED!!!
[04:48:44] Tom: after all, broadband boy over there shouldnt have to make backups of his own site
[04:48:58] Tom: hacked? clarify,please.
[04:48:59] Mike: and no it is ot just Jason's fault it is everyone's which can be corrected
[04:49:28] Jason: Mmm, I think we need to define sarcasm here...
[04:49:33] Jason: as well as recursion Tongue

Note how tom blames me, and Mike says...

Mike: and no it is ot just Jason's fault it is everyone's which can be corrected

It shows we have to explictly point out sarcasm to the poor guy
Speaking to me in person is a rated an 18+ activity. Tongue
You got my vote. Smile
Yikes. It's hard to believe a guy with beliefs like that wants to run a website. In fact, I'm not sure he'd work out well anywhere in the service industry...

That's not to say I could do a better job as far as designs are concerned, but I do know that uptime is life. That and not being so antagonistic against your clientelle. the qb community is a fantastic bunch of people -- possibly one of the best communitys on the internet. I've been proven right in putting my faith in them time and time again, and by alienating the community in his own mind, he's sentenced himself to death(in terms of the community and trying to run a site).
And wetness is why I don't like water.

Quote:'Most of all, we want Glenn' :lol:

So how come you jumped ship Glenn, i thought you were pretty much the captain of the QB45forum high seas? I must admit, I havent been around there much myself lately. Mainly because I could have flown to Tokyo in the time it took the pages to load..
ravelling Curmudgeon
(geocities sites require copying and pasting URLs.)
I liked spam better when it was something that came in a can.
Windows should be defenestrated.
Go to www.qb45.com and read the news I posted last Wink
earn.
the petition wasnt about putting jorden's site back on. it was about selling the site to wildcard, who had a server that wasnt down all the time. by the time that came out, people were used to postnuke, as they are now. but that's over with, mike and jason have patched things up, and that specific issue about mike's ownership is settled. if an admin wanted to lock this post, feel free.

i dont think adding a third qb45.com is going to make things better imho. it just serves to alienate users. what's needed is to get qb45.net, com, and org, make them *one* site under the best available system, which is the postnuke one that qb45.net runs under.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry