Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The QBCPC 2004/2005 just updated with a bang (8/19/2004)!
In the latest update of the QuickBASIC Caliber Programming Compo 2004/2005, there is an all-new section entitled "Target Purpose Statement" containing information about the QB Caliber Compo history, plus a little QBCPC Summer & Autumn 2003 wrap-up, and the QBCPC Best Collection #1 that shows some of the best 25-line Graphics Demos ever done in QB. Also, the Official Entry Rules have just been updated again to loosen some restrictions

Please enjoy the updates and more beginning at http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/qbcpc/.
url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][Image: file.php?id=194][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !
I'd like to program some more Smile Which means, I might want to enter again in the compo Wink
There are only three things i still need:
- Category Selection of mine
- Internet
- Time
About the last point, it is due to the fact I'm starting my universitarian study of Aerospace Engineering in a week... Big Grin
Ok, I think Category #5 is best for me Smile I'll let you know when I'm ready etc, I don't have much time now, I gotta move my stuff (gonna live on my own).

Btw, a point about NeoLib v1.6:
Quote:The only two (2) very minor problems that I had with this was that only a few of the routines did not work as properly as they need to be, like the FFix routine and some of the CD-Rom routines (even though the opening, closing, locking, and unlocking portions DO work A-OK!!).
The CDrom routines not working must then be playing music etc right? This problem might be caused by your cdrom drive not supporting audio playing, or that you didn't connect your cdrom drive with your sound card using a 4line analog or 2line digital sound cable.
EDIT: Check out .\Examples\CDPlayer\CDPLAY.EXE to check whether the function work or don't work.
Think I might join....not sure which category yet, tho...

Oz~
To Neo:

All I can honestly say on that is this: according to my further tests taken just from yesterday (8/27/2004), yes, at least one of my CD-rom drives *do* support audio playing, and when I ran your “CDPLAY.EXE” file, all it showed was this following screen:

[Image: Cdplay.gif]

From my previous tests of that very same file running on another computer, it unfortunately showed the exact same thing.

And sadly, I do not know whether or not the CD-rom drive(s) were connected with my current sound card using a 4-line analog or 2-line digital sound cable. I do however know that when I have tried another CD-playing QB program entitled Mega CD Player (created by authors Davey W. Taylor, Andrew Gibson, and Tommie Gannert), it was fully working flawlessly on the CD-rom drives supported, and the music was playing from the moment I hit play during that other program (which was supposed to work on yours as well). I do not know what the heck seemed to be the matter with why your “CDPLAY.EXE” thing is not operating the way it should on the computer I got. Sad All I know is that many of your other CD-functions work, which is good, at least! Big Grin

Also man, besides “CDPLAY.EXE” and “CDPLAY.BAS”, could you please post me up a *simple* working QB programming example of how to both detect a CD-rom drive and play some music off of a CD in either drive using NeoLib 1.6b? I would truly appreciate it, Neo! Cool !

And look, I really want to make sure your CD-rom playing routines FULLY work on all of that, because if after your example I find out that it *does* work on the computer that I have, then you have truly done your job on that!! Wink Otherwise, you might want to tweak up and improve some of those routines a little bit.

Other than the little problem, it didn’t even make an ounce of difference, as your NeoLib 1.6b had STILL won Grand Prize from my previous compo. And indeed, you are just as welcome to this current gala (QBCPC 2004/2005) as you are from that other one.

In the meantime, I wish you well on your latest NeoLib version, and you lib shines overall so far! Keep up the excellent work!!! ^_^=b !

Be seeing you now!

WISHING YOU THE BEST SUCCESS HERE,

[Image: AAPname.gif]
Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow”
Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger”
Webmaster of the “AAP Official Projects Squad”

P.S. How is your latest NeoLib coming along now?

P.P.S. Could you please be careful not to double-post in this or any thread (as it tends to become *very* bad posting manners for one to do so, as I found out on at least some other forumboards)? Let me help you out on this here: the way to avoid double-posting is to simply go back to your first post and just add what you like to say from your potential second post in a row to that first one, and avoid sending that second one indeed as well while leaving your first one intact. Big Grin ! I am just encouraging you here, that’s all.
url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][Image: file.php?id=194][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !