Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to make a web broswer in Qbasic which works..
Is it possible to make a web broswer in Qbasic which works and connects to the internet? I know how you would get it to read the HTML code but not how to connect to the internet if that is possible.
onathan LEwis
look up a library called dsock, which uses a vxd to access window's winsock routines. Downloading from the internet can be tricky, but i think there is some kind of routine in dsock that can get the ip for a url, or something. To be honest I dont know, but that's the library you want to use, it's the only one that has successfully (to my knowledge) had online games developed with it.

But yeah, the only way is if you have Winblows, there is no pure dos tcp/ip for qb that works.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
SHELL "C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\IEXPLORE"
END

(hehe)
ravelling Curmudgeon
(geocities sites require copying and pasting URLs.)
I liked spam better when it was something that came in a can.
Windows should be defenestrated.
wow! it worked! glenn, this is amazi- heeeeeey.......!
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
Smile
ravelling Curmudgeon
(geocities sites require copying and pasting URLs.)
I liked spam better when it was something that came in a can.
Windows should be defenestrated.
Quote:Is it possible to make a web broswer in Qbasic which works and connects to the internet? I know how you would get it to read the HTML code but not how to connect to the internet if that is possible.

Worry about making a fully working HTML interpreter first...
You can also use wsockxs:

http://angelfire.lycos.com/tx5/someone42

I found out that some months ago some guy released a thing named "dsock" which is nearly exactly the same thing. Oh well, if you want the "async.bas" example grabs a http document from a server in the most basic way, from there you can make a html interpreter.