Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After some days, the hearing block on my ear is demolished!
Dearest all,

What’s up, people, and I want to show you what happened on about what I call the hearing block on one of my ears. I do not know how exactly to describe this ok, but here goes nothing.

After I took my shower from earlier within this week, I found out that I had water in one of my ears and had to wash it out good. Then, before I suddenly knew it, that one ear became blocked off of much of my hearing, apparently because of the combined clogage of water and ear wax that was embedded from deep inside the ear! I did not know. And the pretty ridiculous part of it is, is that that block continued for at least a couple of days!! Sad ! And, from one of the wee-mornings, I had some major trouble going to sleep with that awful thing *still* there. So then, I tried taking some some cotton swabs and dug each side of one real deep into that ear in hopes of making that stuff go away. At first it seemed like it was working, but then, it eventually made the problem MUCH worse! I didn’t know that either! :oops:

Fortunately, however, I just had my appointment at the doctor’s office from earlier today (8/26/2004). There, the nurse greeted me with a charm and a smile (no kidding!! Wink ), and began checking on my ears. Once she found out that I had wax embedded on both ears, the lady then did a process in which she sprayed a thin but real intense layer of cold-to-very-warm water in those ears and into a little white container, with which she then has to clean the thing out between the checks of the ears. And, man, it was a long process, let me tell you all! Well, interesting thing: as a result of it all, on one ear (the one that I used cotton swabs on), it had some of wax and the yellow discoloration in the water due to the wax removal, as well as some redness in the eardrum, while the other ear — believe it or not — had a HUGE ball of wax no greater than the size of about a nickel ( :o !! ), as well as additional wax which resulted of years and years of buildup!! Plus, that other eardrum is A-OK, too!!! Big Grin !

The beautiful thing is after the process was all over, the blockage in the ears was gone and brought to zero at last!!! Thank God!!! Now I can enjoy full hearing again, which will help me greatly in converting more of my rather newest and uncharted music for “Frantic Journey” into stereo in its entirety (and boy I really, *really* need it, too, as my total count of my original music tracks so far is around somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 of them and in the process of growing!)!! Cool !

Wild story, and be checking you out again. Peace! ^_-=b !

TELLING THE SCOOP ON WHAT HAPPENED RECENTLY,

[Image: AAPname.gif]
Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow”
Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger”
Webmaster of the “AAP Official Projects Squad”

And finally, do stop by at the recent “QB Coder’s Tutorials Guild” within my site for all 4 chapters of Relsoft’s current 3D tutorial series plus the showing you of how to submit your own QuickBASIC/QBasic tutorials!! ^_- !
url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][Image: file.php?id=194][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !
that's nasty
ammit potato!
:barf: :barf: :barf:
Rhiannon had something similar to that, and had it cleaned out. I'm due for one as well, as my hearing has gotten worse and worse over the months and I know that that's the cause. Time to see the doc. Big Grin
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
There's something called ear-candling which clear out your ears really well of excess wax, etc.
It's a hollow candle and you stick the bottom, in your ear. The flame eats up the air inside the hollow part and creates a vacuum, hence drawing up stuff out of your ears.
It works.
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
Sounds like it takes awhile and if done improperly, can set your hair on fire. Big Grin I think I'll take the 60 seconds route instead. Big Grin
Takes maybe 5 minutes and the candle is very long - the flame is about two feet from you.
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
To all again:

Yes, I know some parts of it are pretty gross-looking indeed, but hey, all I know is that I had dealt with a *lot* of serious personal issues this month that I have so far had a real difficult time with (see my latest profile here for details), including in the area of even liking my own self, which I am going through right now. Also, you do not have to read this thread if some of it is unpleasant to you. That is all here.

And Ado and Speedlemon (and apparently some others as well), I am *deeply* so sorry for ever even bothering to make at least some parts of this thread so unpleasant to you. I just want to be a better person and all, but it is so far today the little things that caused me the most trouble in the forums, and I did not even know it. Cry !! I thought I was doing ok, but MAN I feel so stupid for doing something rashly wrong on this opening thread. (So you see, I am having a real difficult time liking myself from both today and yesterday, but I will get over it, believe me!)

And to the admins (like Oracle and Wildcard):

Since I felt like I have probably done something terribly wrong from the opening of this very thread and since I want to correct myself in the QBasicNews.com forums so badly here on that, please show me how to correct this situation and like myself at the same time (as you can tell from the top of this very post). I do not mind this topic probably being locked and/or deleted, and I also do not mind being slapped with a warning at all here, but please help me on remedying the whole problem, and if you can, please PM me on what to do, too. It is just my own way of me catching my own error, that is all. I have ways of getting real with myself and with the community, as I believe that it helps sets me free instead of me feeling like a fouled-up moron, you know?

Once again, I am *so* seriously sorry on purpose, and I solemnly swear without compromise to you and to the rest of the people in the forums that I can do much better. I promise. Big Grin

I most certainly hope the people can see my ways of correcting myself indeed and appreciate it richly.

Be talking to you later, and please pray for me, all of you. ^_^

[Image: AAPname.gif]
- Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow”
Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger”
Webmaster of the “AAP Official Projects Squad”
url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][Image: file.php?id=194][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !
Q-tips man, Q-tips...
You didn't bother me, it was potato. Big Grin Ear wax isn't sick anyways, wtf you pansies. Big Grin