Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BC command line in qbasic 4.5
I have developed a small(but as i have found out, powerful) programming language. The "compiler" translates the code into Qbasic code, and then i want it to compile.

The help files don't contain any information on the BC.exe command line as far as i can tell. So, other than manually opening the translated program in qbasic and making an exe file from there, i have no way to compile it. I was thinking of using either C or ASM to make an alternative compiler, but i decided to see just how powerful Qbasic could get as toward lower level tasks. This definately shows how low-level it can get, but i can't finnish it with my lack of information.

Does anyone know the BC.exe command line?
o longer consider me an active member.

Actually, if an admin gets wind of this, please delete this account -- it's wasting space on your server
http://forum.qbasicnews.com/viewtopic.php?t=6838
Antoni
bc.exe is just a compiler. All you need to give it is the source file and it will give you the compiled .obj file. Then you need to link it using link.exe

I dunno the exact specs of bc.exe command line but you can see the command being executed while compiling your program through qb's IDE.
thanks! i didnt find that topic even with a search... maybe i just missed it or something. Anyway, very helpful!
o longer consider me an active member.

Actually, if an admin gets wind of this, please delete this account -- it's wasting space on your server
Sounds kool. Are you actually planning to release it to the public or just use it for your own personal use? I'd like to see the sourcecode and/or EXE... Of course, if I were to use it I'd need a language reference or if not that, the sourcecode to the "compiler"... do you have an interpreter as well? My friends once made a GUI/Interpreter called KMax. It's really cool. I want to do something like that too, but right now I'm working on a pre-processor for QB... good luck and keep learning! :wink:
rogramming is like life - you work first, then play. :bounce: :rotfl: :bounce: :rotfl: :bounce: :rotfl: :bounce: :rotfl: :bounce: :rotfl: :bounce: :rotfl: :bounce: