Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The source of my CD-RW problem is FINALLY OVER!!! ;*) !!
Attention please, QB45/QB71 community:

I got some *ESPECIALLY AWESOME* news for all of you today!!! Big Grin !!

Remember a while back that I said that the internal Acer CD-RW 20x10x40 drive was the exact cause of why the computer has needlessly slowed down Windows 98 (normal mode), and slowing down CPU cycles (please refer to the opening of my previous thread about the CD-RW problem for more details)? Well, as I went to computer diagnostics class from just yesterday (I just had to wait so patiently for that to even happen, as it was better for me to wait for that to get done rather than to just do it NOW and risk losing everything, you know? Wink ), and right near the end, the guy finally took the Pionex 450mhz “Pentium III”-based computer — the one that I regularly use — apart to remove that awful drive from there safely. After that, he pieced the computer back together again. I was fascinated as I watched all of that, believe me! And guess what happened next? I asked him right then if it was alright for me to test the computer out and he was like “No problem, help yourself!! Cool !” And so I tested the computer out on another monitor (which thankfully had a RGB color combination just like it is supposed to), and found out that THE SLOWDOWN PROBLEM IS FINALLY GONE, ZILCH, NADA, KAPUT, I TELL YOU!!! d=^_^=b !!!

(I myself never even thought at all that such a great thing would even happen to me or that I would even deserve it period, but man, IT DID!! ^o^ )

Since then, Windows 98 has been working as smoothly as ever and purrs so beautifully, JUST LIKE IT WAS MEANT TO BE, too!!! And the lovely thing about it is, the removal operation has been done right, finally!! Maximum glory to God for His mercy on all of that!!! ^_- !!

Look, have you ever seen me so happy in all of your life? Well you are looking at one outstandingly happy-as-a-lark 27-year-old man. After all, I have personally waited THREE (3) LONG WHOLE YEARS for this grandly joyous moment to happen!! :wtnod: Big Grin !!

Now, please expect the updates of both the AAP Official Projects Squad and the QuickBASIC Caliber Programming Compo 2004/2005 to be more and more frequent, and you will be hearing *much* more of me, especially on “Frantic Journey” as well!!

On what was happening that really took place between the time before the removal process and right now, turns out _amazingly_ that I was right after all. :rotfl: ! Seriously so! See you again, and such great fortune to all of you!!

DANCING IN SUCH *INTENSE* JOY AND THEN PLENTY,

[Image: AAPname.gif]
Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow”
Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger”
Webmaster of the “AAP Official Projects Squad”

P.S. Prior to the successful removal of the CD-RW drive (in which I was like “GOOD RIDDANCE!!” to that thing! Big Grin !! ), on that same Pionex 450mhz computer, I fully upgraded from Windows 98 to Windows ME. And yet, the thing to me is JUST THAT FAST!! Man, I am rather utterly excited like I have never ever been before, ladies and gentlemen!!! ;*) !!
url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][Image: file.php?id=194][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !
Quote: After all, I have personally waited THREE (3) LONG WHOLE YEARS for this grandly joyous moment to happen!! :wtnod: Big Grin !!

Or you could have just followed my instructions a month ago and remove the drive yourself. :roll:
igitalblackie.com - Done! Smile Ask about our hosting Wink

-Goddess of the of the No More Religion Threads movement Smile
I am happy for you AAP =*). May God keep showering you with his mercy in the future b=^.^=b. Let the divine powers heal your computer!! Big Grin
Quote:I am happy for you AAP =*). May God keep showering you with his mercy in the future b=^.^=b. Let the divine powers heal your computer!! Big Grin
You're demented. Big Grin
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
Usually you never see "upgraded" and "to Windows ME" in the same sentence.
Quote:Usually you never see "upgraded" and "to Windows ME" in the same sentence.
...unless seperated by the word "not". Big Grin
To all of you:

Please, let me get you up to speed on how that computer with the CD-RW removed is currently doing right now since the preceding process that I told you about from the start of this very thread.

So far, the computer is going GREAT!!! Big Grin !! Absolutely no unwanted slowdowns, no hard disk pauses, no crashes, no bulled-up stuff at all whatsoever! (FINALLY, a computer that can actually keep up with me once again!! Cool ) At least now I have much more awesome potential than ever before to do more stuff and more graphics work than I have ever done in three (3) years!!!

You know, it *just* makes you wanna appreciate computers more, don’t it? Wink

And finally, to you, TheBigBasicQ:

Thanks so much for your uplifting comment to me. Definitely! ;*) !!

Now if all of you will excuse me please, I am gonna make an update to my projects site before this coming weekend is through! You all have yourselves a SUPERBLY GOOD weekend now!!! Cool !

[Image: AAPname.gif]
- Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow”
Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger”
Webmaster of the “AAP Official Projects Squad”

P.S. After my very experience with the CD-RW drive in the computer since the end of 2001, I am planning on opting for an external CD-RW drive, since that last one was internal-based. I am using a little strategy here, that is all. Smile !

Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !
okay i realized all i ever did was rant about AAP... never had any evidence of what i didnt like about him

well here finally i found some...

the only reason he ever comes here is to post about his own stuff... ONLY. hes self-cenetred and never posts in any of my topics, never posts in any of ANYONEs topics. i admit im not Selfless Man of the Century, but aty least i give a look at mech's comics, or nek's forums or whatnot... this guy AAP doesnt do anything but post abotu HIM HIM HIM. no one else.

so why should any of us look at anything he does?
earn.
Well duh seph. Tongue I already brought that up ages ago. Big Grin
Quote:the only reason he ever comes here is to post about his own stuff... ONLY. hes self-cenetred and never posts in any of my topics, never posts in any of ANYONEs topics. i admit im not Selfless Man of the Century, but aty least i give a look at mech's comics, or nek's forums or whatnot... this guy AAP doesnt do anything but post abotu HIM HIM HIM. no one else.

Sounds like me.

The only time I ever post here is in my own topics. And the only time I ever start topics is when it's about my own stuff. I've only posted in one or two threads that I didn't start.

I guess I'm self-centered too.
Pete's QB Site: http://www.petesqbsite.com