Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
internet explorer question ... missing!?
okay now i remember posting a question about whether MS made IE or not, in someone else's topic... but it isnt here! anyone know where it went?
earn.
http://forum.qbasicnews.com/viewtopic.php?t=6936

The topic is locked though.
[Image: sig.php]
Back by popular demand!
I will byte and nibble you bit by bit until nothing remains but crumbs.
and nobody answered!!!

whats the story with MS and IE!!!
earn.
microsoft's programmers made IE.
ammit potato!
IE is based on the old Mosaic browser, and other portions of IE's code come from third-party sources. IE is a mutt program, like so many of Microsoft's products...and so many other commercial products as well. It's not exactly uncommon for a company to develop a product with both their own code as well as the code of others.
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
the real deal behind it was, some company made IE and they had an agreement with them that they got a certain percentage of the sales, well they gave it away free, thus breaking there agreement, and in true Microsoft style they got sued and settled out of court.
url=http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=0&t=79][Image: safer.gif][/url]
It says some stuff in the IE about thingy.

Quote:Based on NCSA Mosaic. NCSA Mosaic™; was developed at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Distributed under a licensing agreement with Spyglass, Inc.
Contains security software licensed from RSA Data Security Inc.
Portions of this software are based in part on the work of the Independent JPEG Group.
Multimedia software components, including Indeo®; video, Indeo® audio, and Web Design Effects are provided by Intel Corp.
Unix version contains software licensed from Mainsoft Corporation. Copyright © 1998-1999 Mainsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Mainsoft is a trademark of Mainsoft Corporation.
Warning: This computer program is protected by copyright law and international treaties. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this program, or any portion of it, may result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
[Image: sig.php]
Back by popular demand!
I will byte and nibble you bit by bit until nothing remains but crumbs.