Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings sirs.
I still wonder to see that good old Qb has still many fans.
I found this forum using Google and... well here i am!

First thing, i'm italian and my english is not very correct so you are right to be confused when reading my posts. Tongue

And now some questions.

In my qb directory there are some .lib files that seems to be libraries for the qb itself, such as QBEDR.LIB, QB4UTIL.LIB and others. That QB4UTIL... it intrigue me a lot :o
I found my current qb 4.5 in a site, since i lost my orignal with my old comp, and i don't remember to have seen these files on it.
What are they? They are used from QB?

Also, there is a way to see a qb library (files with .QLB extension) contents?

Last question

I use a LCD monitor and i see that it is slow to change resolution while running qb, especially if i use SCREEN 12 and 13 and even changing from mode 80x25 to 80x50 and viceversa.
It depend from the monitro or...?
Some of you that use LCD mon' have the same problem?

Hi and tanks and QBRULEZ!!
othing to read...
Hello Qbnator, welcome to the forums!

Not sure if I can answer your reply directly.

All those files that you see are library files that qbasic refers to. You may want to wait until someone can answer your question more specifically.

There is no way that I know of that you can open up QLB files. I tried using notepad to open it,(right click, open with...select notepad) and I could see a few of its contents. There was still a bunch of boxes and other stuff.

Changing between resolutions is slow also for me..

I hope this helps Smile
quote="na_th_an"]
Greenday, Spice Girls... Can you tell the difference?
[/quote]
Welcome, hope to see you around =)

QB comes with a bunch of libraries, in QB71 (PDS 7.1), there's loads of LIB files, and it seems atleast some of them are just for examples, like, financer.lib

There is a program (or programs?) that can read the content of QLB files, and show you the function names. You can't get the QB source code back though.

Resolution changes are fast for me, I don't have a flat-screen.
But it may be as yo usay, flat-screens have some problems regarding res switches. I know they have problems with vSync.
hey there! welcome to the forum. About the libraries, as Z!re explained they are examples of what QB is capable of. You can see the examples which demo the capabilities of the libraries.

Also, with regards to the resolution question. I use a CRT monitor and the resolution changes in a matter of 500ms. How much time does it take your monitor?
Tanks boys 4 the answers!
For BigBasic...

Well, it is slooooow... I'm speaking of 2 to 3 (yes, two to three) seconds!!!

Back in time, my old CRT also take half a sec to change res.

vSync problems? Vertical syncronization... right?
I don't now what is exactly (me noob Sad )... However, i have no other problems, beside the sluggish res change...
othing to read...
That monitor matches with the one in my kitchen... It's also LCD, but the manual warns about the slow resolution switching. Your case is absolutely normal, I suppose (hey, give a call to their hot-line!)...

My Olivetti monitor back in '90's would jerk when an app switched the resolution, too.

Those days, I downloaded a QBasic game from a local BBS. The author surprised me: Being the aware one s/he was, s/he commented that the program would sleep for about 2 seconds during screen initialization to let the hardware completely sync.
Don't interrupt me while I'm interrupting." - Winston S. Churchill
QBnator: LCDs are notorious for slow resolution switching. Thats it Wink
heh, its not too bad, DirectX resoloution change-thingys on real (commercial) games can take longer, on crt's...

matt
o not mistake Apathy for Feeling content...

http://www.disjointed.cjb.net - Short Stories
http://matt2jones.deviantart.com - Random Art
http://www.freewebs.com/matt2jones - WebComic
welcome QBnator never ever call me a sir it annoys me jus call me ruudboy or mike.
url=http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=0&t=79][Image: safer.gif][/url]
TBBQ:
What does that have to do with anything? Did he adress anyone specifically?, No.

So, ruudboy just told him to call him ruudboy.

Welcome to the forum QBnator, and I insist you call me Sir, or preferably, my own version of it: Z!re. Big Grin