Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need input on new RPG-Dev.net design
http://files.blarg.ca/misc/rpg-dev/blah.html

Opinions please.

Note: Don't look at the HTML Tongue. I didn't hand code it. Why? I only spend time making the HTML nice and pretty with XHTML and CSS when I've got a final design because, in my opinion, it saves time when you make a few different designs in one go (which I sometimes do). This design was done with lots of clicking in Visual Studio heh.
It looks OK. Easy-on-the-eyes colour scheme, perhaps the "news" title could be larger.

Oh, and when you do redesign: Think very hard about that left hand side: if you tablise it too much, there'll be too much slowdown (it's already sorta slow). Think about possibly some caching or using less markup if you can. That's one thing I've been noticing about some of my sites actually - too much markup/processing time in the sidebar and the content takes too long to get to the user.
I was going to convert whatever final design I do to use all DIVs. Those tend to load a lot quicker on most browsers as (well IE anyway) doesn't render a table until the whole table has been read I think...
A lot better than blue. :*)
y smiley is 24 bit.
[Image: anya2.jpg]

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
fling, PADDING: 2PX on your divs = nicer
never let text flush against the borders
ammit potato!
It's... grey... why do many people like grey that much? Sad (Compare: at this forum I'm using the Helius stylesheet instead of subOracle or darkSmart or subSilver, because Helius has more colours Wink)

For the rest, it looks cool Wink
heh... i took one look at the site and thought, "rpg-dev qbasicnews style." Wink

The site is fine. I have no quarrel with it.
Jumping Jahoolipers!
nice design fling. But you need to rethink the fonts =).
Care to be more specific?
The site loaded quickly for me in Firefox. The font is large and easy to read, and the colors are easy on the eyes. Doesn't look busy. Overall nice design.
igitalblackie.com - Done! Smile Ask about our hosting Wink

-Goddess of the of the No More Religion Threads movement Smile