Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Favor
Can I get a rundown of who all is able to get Cobra running?

http://qbasicnews.com/users/Megaman/Cobra.zip

I'm planning on fixing it up, and hopefully completing it, but I'll need to know what kidn of errors people are getting, and how many people are getting them.
With QB45, I get an out of memory error in one of the sprite loading lines of code.

With VDMSound it runs, but the shadows are flickery, the keyboard handling is stick and horrible, and the game runs a little bit too fast.

Windows XP Home
512 MB RAM
Intel 3.06 gHz P4 HT
VDMSound
·~¹'°¨°'¹i|¡~æthérFòx~¡|i¹'°¨°'¹~·-
avinash.vora - http://www.avinashv.net
With QB45 I get out of memory before it even runs. Trying the QBX I get to see a character select screen but it dies with string space error after selecting character
Runs when I run the bat file.
P4 2.6GHz 512MB RAM

But as someone said flickerey shadows and bad keyhandling.
But it has potential! Smile
/post]
I ran the bat file and it works fine.
I ran the batch file here and it ran fine too. Windows XP and everything. Only thing is...is your character supposed to keep moving even after you've released the direction key? I didn't look at the source. :???:

AMD XP 2000+
256MB RAM
NVIDIA TNT2 Pro 64
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
Runs fine for me, same comments as red_Marvin.
Thanks for trying it out for me. Apparently, VDMSound has an effect on how it works, but I'll still try to get the game to just compile when\if I work back on it.

About the keyboard, I had no idea how to do a good keyhandler back when I made this, so in order to get the characters to at least "move" like they were in a fighting game, I made it so that you have to kind of "toggle" the direction you walk in.

I promise you I'll never do it again. Ever. Smile
Well then actually, that was pretty clever of you. Big Grin What seperates a good programmer from a great programmer is problem-solving. Wink
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
BTW, you know that "The Jesus" was a title a pedophile used for himself in the Big Lebowski, right? That's the only outside use of the term "The Jesus" that I can remember.

"Nobody f***s with the Jesus"

...Anyways, that's just what I think of when I see your sig, probably because of the "Don't mess with the Jesus" bit. Either way, props on accidentally referencing an awesome movie, but ouch on the character.