Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A QBRPG demo
I already submitted this to RPG-dev and RPGDX a while ago, but thought it was suitable to post here.

This is my RPG, Threads of Life, demo version. I've suspended work on it for a while, to work on a C++ RPG, but talk of the FB project has gotten me interested in reviving it at some point.

Anyway, you can download it at http://members.aol.com/kirb9701/tolrpg/toldemo.zip.

Gameplay is pretty run-of-the-mill, honestly. Standard RPG with an active-time battle system. Read the README file for more information on how to play.

I had a bit of trouble balancing the enemies' strength at points.
And on my computer at least, the controls are somewhat jerky. Tell me if there are any other problems.
Downloaded it...will check it out in a bit. Big Grin Been awhile since a new QBRPG has come out...
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
It's nice, but I couldnt leave the town?

And the boundary boxes? (Or collision layers) seemed a bit odd sometimes, nothing serious...

Nice overall
All i could see was the menu at the beginning... then none of the controls responded.
Jumping Jahoolipers!
Looking good!!!
y smiley is 24 bit.
[Image: anya2.jpg]

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
I like the walk animation.....very RPG style [hence, this is an RPG]

as mentioned b4, the collision map is a little bulky, but not too bad..
i thought I saw this b4? did u ever psot something like this on rpg-dev?

Oz~

[EDIT] : So I did see this b4...... (maybe i should thoroughly read the 1st post next time)
First impression: very slow, but that could be just the XP VM screwing things up. Collision is very broken. Controls are rather unresponsive (again, could just be XP). I'll try this out in 98 later and give another comment then.

Graphics are interesting, although I personally can't stand the "stiff" look that the characters have. No one's arms rest straight down like that, it looks horribly static (seems to be a trend among game developers these days for some reason...).

The long of the short of it is that it needs a lot of work, but at least the potential is certainly there. Big Grin
Quote:First impression: very slow, but that could be just the XP VM screwing things up. Collision is very broken. Controls are rather unresponsive (again, could just be XP). I'll try this out in 98 later and give another comment then.

Yeah, I think it does have something to do with XP. On my old Win95 PC it worked fine.
On the collision, I think I made the object's bounding boxes a bit too big, if that's the problem.

Quote:It's nice, but I couldnt leave the town?

Did you talk with Lily yet? She's standing outside the house, and she tells you what to do.
I forgot about VDMSound, heh.

Know what this rpg reminds me of? Sj Zero's QFAK. It plays identical in nearly every aspect.
Jumping Jahoolipers!
Quote:Know what this rpg reminds me of? Sj Zero's QFAK. It plays identical in nearly every aspect.
...it does?? Do we have two different versions of QFAK? I see zero similarities...