Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confirmation : QB4.5 + FFIX faster than QB4.0
I made tests with a heavy double precision raytracer : something like 10% faster.

I used QB4.5 with a merged library made of QB.qlb and ffix, compared to QB4.0 with qb.qlb.

Now, the only question is : are there any pro's for QB 7.1, aka PDS ? I can't see any as for today...
hink Global, Make Symp' All ! ®
[Image: Banner.gif]
It has an enhaced version of Quick Basic. New commands and new features, such as arrays inside structures and the like, and some database functions.

Speedwise, I don't know. I know that VBDOS is the fastest 'cause it uses some 386 assembly instructions, but I haven't tried it myself.
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
biggest biggie is the ability to use arrays inside type structures, as nate pointed out, but it should also be more improved in general.

vbdos, of course, is the most optimized qb, but its also the one with the least amount of libs. ugl's out for vbdos, so that isnt a huge drawback *tips hat at blitz*. most people's deal with it is the different ide, but you get over that.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry